Tuesday, September 2, 2008

FOTD: Experimenting with Texture

I went out today since it was my friend's birthday. Food was beyond superb - Amber pancit, sushi, cakes, chicken lollipop, and pizza (although I didn't touch the pizza). I must have reached my limit but the empire cut top I wore made room for 3 or more servings. buuurrrppp...



Anyway, my makeup for the day is simple save for the lips, since I'll be showcasing hot pink lips.




Did not retouch practically the entire day but I didn't feel oily. Might be the camera flash. Oh whelps. :-)

On face:
ELF All-Over Cover stick to banish imperfections
YSL Matt Touch foundation #3
Set with: Bare Minerals foundation in fairly light
Guerlain Compact Foundation with Crystal Pearls in Beige Parfait
Estee Lauder Blush in Fresh Plum

On Eyes:
Kryolan eyebrow pencil in dark brown
Estee Lauder e/s in ivory box all over as a base
MAC e/s in Swish on lids.
Estee Lauder e/s in copper penny as contour color.
Fashion 21 liquid eyeliner in black
The Face Shop Freshian Volumizing Mascara in Curling and Sephora Lengthening Mascara.
On Brows:
Nichido Eyeliner in Dark Blonde and set with Elegant Minerals in Khaki

On lips:
The Face Shop Pink lipliner topped with MAC lipstick in Hollywood Nights.


I made my hair sort of the in-between straight with body by just ironing roughly so that it tames a bit but it still has that natural volume from my natural waves. I could iron it poker straight but I just thought I'd give it a go and let my curls be. :-) By the way to know the staying power of Hollywood Nights, the lipstick is already faded, yet there is that stain from the rich pigments.

The overall look is how I played with different textures. The foundation is very matte but I sorta balanced it since the Guerlain foundation had a bit of radiant finish. The blush is matte and the eyeshadows are a myriad of matte, satin, and frost. Lips are satin, but it looked good when I went out of the house with just lipglass on (MAC Viva Glam V). We can mix-and-match textures, just make sure to blend and just not to go too overboard with color.


Im also loving the effect of YSL Matt Touch foundation. Matt sure means matte and just when oily-skinned girls complain, here's one investment item just for them. Review coming up! :)

No comments: