Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brown Instinct

Browns are lipsticks I used to shy away from. As I am hard core on reds and wines and berries and do try an occasional orange or coral, I really stay away from brown as I felt that it was not good for me. Yet when I saw Shu Uemura's Instinct Fall Mode Makeup Collection, the brown looked so pretty so as not to try it on.




Brown Dazzle is what they called the shade, which is "beige brown with a classic shine". The formula really melts on my lips and it's buildable so I can create the intensity I want. Did it dry my lips? Nope. :-) I actually just applied 2 coats so I get the brown color and let it blend with my lips. It's pretty different and a new twist of a color I used to be too shy to wear. EJ actually loved the color!
Just like I always advice, there is always a shade perfect for everyone - pink, plum, red, beige, and now brown. This brown suits me well and with that much intensity, I can create that effect. There is a brown that doesn't look muddy on me.
And I just love the lipstick how it made my lips look shiny without looking intimidating.

No comments: