Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
- 8-10 hours of sleep has a reason. The body needs to rest and regenerate. At a certain time in that period, the organs also do its own repair (looks at my strained wrist: I better zonk out!)
- Water is important! I think this is self-explanatory and I think being confined once for dehydration already should teach me a lesson
- Protein first before carbs in the food pyramid.
- Never miss meals, and have regular meal times
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- 20% off on regular items (with a minimum spent of Php5,000) for the first day until 12:o0 noon when you present both Forever 21 Mastercard and SM Advantage card/BDO Rewards card.
- Get 10% off on regular items for SM Advantage Card and BDO Rewards Card
- 10% off on regular items (with a minimum spent of Php 5,000) for the whole weekend with your Forever 21 Mastercard
Monday, October 10, 2011
Divine Viola is a doctor. That alone got my jaw dropping because I know surviving med school is no joke, but Divine seemed to still view life through rose-colored glasses, with no trace of fatigue on her face.
Halfway through her chemotherapy, depression hit her. By that time, her immune system had already weakened due to chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Her activities were severely limited too. Watching women dance on TV made her envious. But instead of further sinking to depression, Divine made a promise to herself that she will start dancing and dancing when the time she gets well. She also had to deal with the anxiety over the possibility of recurrence. As time passed by, her anxiety lessened. She still undergoes yearly checkups to keep her health in check. As of the moment, Divine has been cancer-free for 4 years and 7 months. When people say that she is in remission, she tells them, “No, I am cured.”
At 47, Divine has the stamina, strength, and fierceness of a healthy woman half her age. and she rocks the sport of pole fitness. She has taken her love for dance and pole up a notch by being part-owner of Dance Station, a dance studio that offers classes in pole, hiphop, burlesque, and Latin aero. Her love for pole dancing is not just a hobby but a business as well.
Her positive outlook in life and success story in her career (she opened her clinic Skin Science Medical Aesthetic and Laser Center last summer) made me want to feature her in my blog, as she symbolizes the fierce, independent, beautiful, and strong woman that’s perfect to emulate. I've been wanting to feature her ever since she told me her story and I've been waiting until October for this post to be up. Read our Q&A and let’s all be inspired!
What keeps you busy?
My work as a doctor takes up most of my time. But I try to live
a balanced life. I work, I exercise (pole, of course), I also man the the dance studio (i.e. Dance Station) whenever I have time. I also find time to cultivate my spirituality and have a social life.
Is dermatology your first choice?
What gave you the strength to go through the obstacles?
I have always been a fighter. My family, friends, pastors and most especially my faith in God (that I will be healed) kept me going.
Divine loves pole dancing so much no one stopped her, not even a guy from doing what she loves.
Why did you choose dance as a hobby and now a business?
I have always loved dancing. And although I do not have a dancing background, I would always join dance performances when I was still a student. Since I love pole dancing, when the offer to become a partner in a dance studio was given to me, I did not have second thoughts. Now, it is not just a hobby but a business as well.
What makes you look younger than your age?
I avoid too much sun exposure ( I use sunblock daily), eat a nutritious diet ( no junk/fatty foods), get enough sleep, exercise 3x a week, and drink lots of water. I do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages.
It is also important that I love my work because I do not feel like working at all. I also find time to relax. I try to maintain a positive outlook in life. I see the glass as half-full.
What is your favorite pole trick?
i like doing the inverted crucifix, eye opener and aerial superman.
If you were to choose between your passion and a man, which would you choose?
That already happened. I had to choose my passion over someone who did not like me doing pole dancing. I do not like to be put in a cage.
What is the best beauty advice that you got and from whom?
It was from my beautiful aunt who I admire a lot because she has aged gracefully. She told me to stay out of the sun as much as possible.
What can we find in your make-up kit?
Sunblock, mascara, red lipstick and mild-scented perfume.
10 years from now, do you still see yourself dancing?
Divine is a breast cancer survivor, and she rocks her life like anything - success, beauty, passion and she shows us that she can hurdle any trial and come out from it smiling, and you can too!
Thursday, October 6, 2011
- Have another billboard done
- Learn more vegetarian dishes
- Polish my music skills and hopefully upload more music covers
- Get a pole of my own so I can practice pole at home
- Do another show
- Do a TVC
- Study hair
- Travel more
- Visit Europe (this I'll extend my goal to hmm... say 40)
- Have more staples in my wardrobe - not just funky stuff
- Finally develop my drawing skills because I still can't draw
- Take more pictures, now I have a better camera