Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nature Republic Opens at SM Fairview


Last Friday, I went for the first time in my life at SM Fairview to witness the unveiling the third store of Nature Republic, a Korean skin care and makeup brand, here in the Philippines. This is definitely exciting for me since it's the first time I'm going to encounter this brand. I'm always on the lookout for good skin care and makeup brands that are quite affordable and suitable for our climate and also suitable for Asian skin.


Nature Republic's color palette speaks for itself. The fresh green and white colors of the store plus immaculately clean white light setting makes me feel like I stepped inside a forest or woodland lit by Mother Nature herself.

The makeup line had the staple materials for the trademark Korean cat-eye looks we see in K-pop stars. First up were the lip products for shiny, plump lips.


The colors were sheer and even the brights looked like a candy ice pop stain on the lips. But they were pretty nevertheless.

The Passion & Rose lipstick is a pretty rose-scented lipstick with its tip shaped like a rosebud waiting to bloom. It's pretty affordable too at Php665


Lipliners were a steal at Php170. They're retractable (meaning no sharpening) and glide on our kissers without scratching them. They even come with a built-in brush so we could blend it in like lipsticks. From the swatches, I like #5, which is a neutral pink my-lips-but-better-and-brighter look. I used this on the fashion show I did a while ago and no model complained about that annoying scratch a dull pencil gives. The color payoff was bright but still natural and they didn't look like they needed blood transfusion any moment now. How much does this cost? Php170. For someone who's scared to plunk big money for a pencil, It was a smile for me.

Eyes weren't neglected by their ranges of eyeliner, mascara, and lipsticks. I have yet to try the eyeliner but seeing the affordability and how easy it was to use the eyebrow pencils, I ended up hoarding some.




For those who love mask sheets, Nature Republic has them in almost every... uhm... flavor/scent.


But if you're confused on what to buy, they do some sorta personal shopping for you by picking out their bestselling products. The bestselling product is the Soothing and Moisture Gel (Php220), which is a quick-absorbing moisturizer that's perfect for hot climates. It could be used as a hair moisturizer too or as a cooling relief to sunburnt skin.

I did mention that this SM Fairview store is the third store here in the Philippines. The two other branches are in SM North and also at Festival Supermall in Alabang. There are plans to open more branches in central areas as well.

Congratulations Nature Republic on your new store!


No comments: