Monday, June 20, 2011

Going Smokey Again



I wanted to look pretty for pole class last Tuesday, so here's a (delayed) FOTD and EOTD. Make time, at least an hour, iron my hair, and work those smokey eyes that kind of thing. I haven't had smokey eyes in a long time and sometimes, a line of Dipdown fluidline needs a bit of help too, especially if I'm gonna be wearing a very nude lippie.

It's easy to straighten the hair rather than curl it, to think my hair's naturally curly. It's sorta not like the full face of makeup I wear on shoots or events but just enough coverage to matte me out. No blush, just contour focusing on popping out my eyes.



Smoky eyes usually takes me 3-4 colors, but I tried limiting my colors to just 3 (including brow highlight) to focus on blending.

Face:
MAC studio sculpt concealer NC30
Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake in Organza (used dry)
MAC MSF Dark to contour and powder to highlight.

Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
In2it silver waterproof eye color to resist the urge of makeup meltdown come routine time.
Kryolan Black
MAC Shroom as brow highlight
Kohl pencil set with Kryolan black
Cover Girl LashBlast Fusion Mascara

Brows:
Shu Uemura Eyebrow gel in Seal Brown
MAC Espresso

Lips:
MAC Viva Glam 2 Gaga

Gaga needs a really, really strong eye, whether in black, red, pink, gray, or brown so we don't look as featureless. As for my lashes, I wanted to give my LashBlast a test run. Magfeeling ANTM model lang.


LashBlast hasn't disappointed me really. I like how easy it is to maneuver the brush despite the fact that it's a big and fat brush, and even though the angle I took this shot can create a shadow, I could still see fringies of my lash tips. Easy breezy!

It was a good thing I decided to look presentable though that day instead of my gulo-gulo look because Hannah asked me if I could do these pictures for The Wake Up Show
Professing my love for The Wake Up Show on a skater up my favorite pole Rain.

"Doubles" with Hannah. Point those toes, kittens!



No comments: