Monday, June 1, 2009

Sunday Look

Okay, so yesterday's look was this statement:

Came straight from a shoot but my makeup's too gorgeous to be washed out.
I haven't been posing in front of the camera much since Mantra's being renovated and I've been neckdeep with my clients. I actually miss modelling, although I did have an impromptu shoot last Friday. Anyway, I usually remove my makeup after a shoot since the coverage is quite heavy but if I find it too gorgeous, I don't remove it and wear it when I go out.

Here, I actually did a quite neutral look on myself, but I did it shoot-style, which means more coverage even though the look is quite neutral. It's almost like a no-makeup look save for the red lips. Also, I got united with my Kryolan loose powders again, which I'm beginning to love.

I seriously want a no-makeup look but my eyes keep saying "I want some smolder"Okay, just a tad of smolder. Maybe blend a bit as I was in a hurry and just wanted to document the look.

Products used:

FACE

  • Facial Wash and Toner: Olay Regenerist Cleanser and Neutrogena Pore-Refining Toner
  • Moisturizer: Olay Regenerist Day Cream + Olay Regenerist Eye Cream
  • Primer/Base: Shu Uemura UV Underbase
  • Foundation: Maybelline Angelfit Flawless Natural Liquid Foundation in Natural Buff (W02)
  • Concealer: MAC Studiofinish concealer in NW30 on undereyes topped with Watercolors Eye Perfector. On blemishes I used VOV foundation #3.
  • Powder: Kryolan Loose Translucent Powder
  • Contour: Coastal Scents Contouring Palette and Shu Uemura bronzing powder in Medium Bronze
  • Blush: Coastal Scents pink blush (the one in the palette)
  • Highlight: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Redhead on the Apples of the cheeks and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle under my eyes and on the cheekbones, chin, forehed, and bridge of the nose.

EYES:

  • Base: MAC Cream Color Base in Shell
  • Lid and Browbone: MAC Suite Array in Counterparts (The brown/neutral one)
  • Inner Crease and lashlines: MAC e/s in Mineral (from the Emanuel Ungaro collection)
  • Outer Crease: The Body Shop eye color #5 (this is a brown shade that I also use for the eyebrows )
  • Lid and Browbone Highlight: MAC Pigment in Fairy Light
  • Eyeliner: Italia dark brown eyeliner on waterline set with MAC e/s in Mineral and Shu Uemura Painting liner in brown on my upper lashline lined very thinly
  • Lashes: MAC Prep + Prime Lash and MAC Dazzlelash Mascara
  • Brows: Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Corrector #0 and The Body Shop eye color #5 as brow powder.

LIPS:

  • MAC l/s in Ruby Woo

I kinda put a different approach to my picture and as I had that picture that documented my look, I played around with the look a bit in Photoshop and did an alter-ego photo-editing session:

Take note that the look is the same outfit and same makeup as my glamour girl. :) I wanted to do a sort of alter-ego look on me. I'm actually a Gemini so I have both a good and bad side. My bad side has a lot of interpretations. This shows me at my darkest side, and this self-portrait is titled Venom, for a lot of interpretations, like my dark side or rage. It could also pay homage to my favorite animal, the Snake.

I'm actually fond of snakes, I could stare at them although I wish I had the courage to hold them since I've heard it requires skill and training. Snakes are both graceful and powerful, which I feel are both characteristics a model must acquire while posing. She should be graceful in her stance but not weak and collapse and her whole persona should command power without looking stiff. Models should have a balance of both, just like a snake does. If you ask me the makeup there, that's normal beauty makeup. Fancy artwork is just done by Photo-editing.It's sort of a demonic snake, if you ask me, but it unleashes a dark side.

No comments: