Saturday, June 6, 2009

Makeupbybambi Meets Gerswin Qua

Wednesday was just so much fun for me. I had a shoot with my friend, Bugsy. Apparently, his designer friend, Gerswin Qua needed to have headshots done so he chose us to do his headshot (Bugsy being the photographer and me being the makeup artist).

Bugsy has been shooting his creations for almost a year now and it was Gerswin's clothes that I modelled when I started modelling. His clothes are known for their intricate designs, beading, and details and they've been featured at last year's Fashion Week and celebrities have worn them too. So imagine my excitement when I'm about to meet him in person!



That's me and Gerswin as I did my retouching. That's just simple clean male makeup with a little definition on the eyebrows. He's really nice in person and even chatted with me while I did the makeup so I felt at ease.

And not only did I do his makeup, I also modelled his new dress

This is just a raw file, meaning unedited but the details are just exquisite. I love the dress. I actually lost weight and got into top shape to be able to fit :). I went for simple hair and makeup here to showcase the dress. One thing I like about it is that it made me look taller.

Thanks Bugsy for this photo and thanks to Gerswin for making me wear his clothes again! :) It was great meeting him in person and he's sure one person I'd love to work and collaborate with again.


No comments: