Want to know how I did my Fashion Week look? Then watch this tutorial. I was running late already and as soon as I threw on my all-black outfit, I clipped my hair up and threw on my shawl. With barely a few minutes left... I had to put on foolproof makeup that would still make me look good....
Hence... my 5-minute smoky eye I learned from Sandy Gold in her Youtube Video.
me with Chinz and Dennis. Oh and that fantastic neckpiece I'm wearing is a Dennis Celestial creation. Fab innit?
Okay, so I went for subdued lips and put a bit of drama on the eyes. It's fairly simple. In fact, what I did here is the foundation and bronzer at home and the eye makeup on installment. I completed the makeup in the cab when i blended the shadow and put on mascara and lipstick.
Anyway, here's how the ten-minute (or less) smoky eye goes after foundation and powder:
1. Tightline eyes with dark brown eyeliner and smudge it to get in between the lashlines.
2. Use a soft black eyeliner to thickly line the upper lashline and smudge this up to the crease. Line also the outer corners of the eyes with black liner and smudge.
3. Now here's the fun part: Apply brown eyeshadow using an eyeshadow brush on the lid. Sometimes, I go have fun and add washes of greens or purples depending on my mood.
4. Make the eyes dramatic by applying black eyeshadow on the outer corner and sweeping this up to the crease. Blend well.
5. Re-line eyes with black pencil. Set eyeliner with matte black shadow to prevent smudging
6. Highlight the browbone with matte or satin finish highlight color.
7. Curl lashes and be generous with mascara. Define brows.
8. Sweep on Bronzer and nude lipstick.
These 8 steps are fairly easy to do. Just keep practicing and you'll get it. Remember, focus on either lips or eyes, not both. :)