Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shu Uemura Store... officially in Manila

After I came home from work last night, I checked my pro email and I got an invite from Michelle Fernandez of Shu Uemura inviting me to the formal launch of their boutique on October 20, 2008. Since I'm such a Shu fan, I immediately said yes. Attire was black, red, and white. Oh, and I thought I dont have kasama but I thought maybe I'll meet a few new friends along the way. It was a sudden surprise that guess what... Erika was invited as well to this event! So my food-tripping, Krispy Kreme loving, and ever so kulit model friend and I had a whole night of makeup, gorgeous people, and of course, FOOD in store!



That wing of Rockwell was filled with cocktail tables and a sea of gorgeous people in red, white, and black were there sipping cocktails and dining on Japanese food (yumm!). Models were there to display creations by the talented panel of Shu Uemura makeup artists


I had the chance to say hi to a few familiar friends as well. I spotted makeup artists, regular Shu clients I meet in workshops, and also a familiar friend...



EJ Mallorca! EJ has been in my blogs and I've interviewed him in several of my YT videos. He's gonna be based in this new store and I sure will visit Rockwell very often! He's such a sweetie. He's also one of the few makeup artists who can do makeup on me with full reign. He always perfects my face and knows my features well. He could even identify my Face Architect shade in a snap.

After cocktails, A fashion show was held where models sashayed the stage and then come Shu Uemura makeup artists to do quick makeovers on them. After which guests were asked to go to the Shu Uemura Boutique, covered behind a black velvet curtain.



And then....



Ladies and Gentlemen, the very first Shu Uemura Boutique is officially open! It's no joke... It's here!

I'll let the pictures do the talking....since I am just like there sighing all throughout...



Looking at these pictures definitely make me feel like a little girl eternally trapped in a candy stop/toy store. I'm sure Mr. Shu Uemura is mighty proud himself of this accomplishment here in Manila. I love Shu very very much!

I was also able to spot a few friends and fellow artists Dianne, photographer Niccolo Cosme, and Ms. Xeng Zulueta, all I paused for quick chats. I also saw Ms. Rachel Lobangco and her daughter, looking fab and oh-so-cute in their matching ensemble amidst a sea of reds, blacks, and whites.



I just had to take a pic of them. They are just a cute mom-and-daughter tandem!

Oh... and here's a lovely day-ender


Sigh.... definitely I have to say... "I lab Shu!!!" Heeheehee
So anyone going to Rockwell? Drop by the first-ever Shu Uemura Boutique here in Manila!

No comments: