Picture this: You're done with your photoshoot and you're already haggard with all the faces you're done. Suddenly, they say,
"O, picture with the makeup artist!"
Whaaaat? Your hair is in a mess and you have NADA makeup on. Not to fret, here's a foolproof makeup tutorial that relies on a clean canvas and definition on your key features - brows, eyes, and lips. So do a quick skin care routine on you (cleanse with wipes, toner, moisturizer/spray with hydrator and tissue off) then do this quick routine.
FOTD for the day. Time done in 5 minutes.
- Tightline eyes with dark brown liner. Tightline means getting in between the roots of your lashes. You can smudge this a bit with your pinky or a cotton bud for a softer effect.
- Curl your lashes and define with mascara
Products used: Kryolan eye pencil in Dark Brown, Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, and Clinique High Definition Mascara in Black
- Define and tame brows with brow pencil and brush in place with clear/tinted brow mascara. I prefer doing brows after the eyes in this look so the look is softer as doing the brows first may tend to overdo brows. The look is soft but defined.
Products used: MAC Brow Finisher in Blonde and Paul and Joe Eyebrow Mascara in #01.
- Feign a perfect face by concealing imperfections and brushing on powder on the T-zone. Keep the cheeks bare for a dewy, natural glow, if you're not oily. For oily skin, go ahead and brush a bit to mattify the shine. Blush is optional. If you must, go for bronzer or illuminating shimmer powder.
Products used: Watercolors eye perfector, Givenchy Compact Powder Quartet in #07 (this quad can also be used as a blush and the individual colors as eyeshadow)
- Go nude! Line lips with nude lip liner and fill in. Then, Brush a pearly gloss. Lipliner is important because it would give your lipgloss something to hold on to.
Products used: Sephora lipliner in nude and Guerlain KissKiss Pearl Lipgloss #800
Or you can do this when you're lazy to go full-on with the makeup, especially on weekends! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!