Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chanelling Lucy for today's FOTD

My inspiration for this look was from the musical Jekyll and Hyde. The look here was my own adaptation of Lucy's makeup, one of my favorite characters in the show, which I find very old Hollywood. The eyes are subtle smoky since I like to have a defined crease but I needed to keep everything subtle and matte. Yet, the lips are rich and lush red without overpowering the face even with a defined eye.

This was taken when I got home at the end of my shift. As you can see, the concealer has somewhat faded revealing a bit of my red spot (eeek). This is actually a very good bridal look, especially if the bride wants to go for a classic and vintage theme. Or if you want the natural-but-pop-on-the-eyes-look, switcharoo to a nude-colored lipstick that compliments the blush.

Anyway, here's what I used for this look (all MAC of course):

Skin Care:
  • MAC Wipes
  • Lightful Skin Softening Lotion
  • Strobe Cream
  • Fast Response Eye Cream

Face:
  • Studio Sculpt Foundation NC30
  • Studio Sculpt Concealer NC30 on face
  • Select Cover-Up NW 20 on undereye area
  • Lightful Foundation NC30
  • Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium to set the makeup
  • Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Deep for subtle contour on the hollows of the cheeks, jawline, sides of the forehead, and sides of the nose.
  • Lightful Foundation in NC15 to highlight.
  • Blush: Mocha on the apples of the cheeks blended outwards for a natural flush
  • Highlight: Mineralize Satinfinish in By Candelight on the cheekbones

Brows:
  • Lingering
  • Stud on the tail of the brow to extend (blend with lingering with an angle brush for a natural look)
  • Beguile to set

Eyes:
  • Prep+Prime Eye in Light
  • Ricepaper from lashline all the way to browbone as a base color
  • Espresso to contour crease
  • Soba on crease and blended towards brow, extending past Espresso but not reaching way up the brow
  • Greensmoke on the outer crease blending with the browns.
  • Humid on the inner crease, blending with the browns.
  • (Note: The greens actually add a bit of intensity to make the browns less flat, a trick I learned watching Pursebuzz's interview with Eve Pearl on YouTube)
  • Amber Lights and Paradisico to blend the lid and crease colors together, warming them up.
  • Shroom to highlight the browbone, center of lid, and inner eye and to clean up and tie things together.
  • Powerpoint pencil in Stubborn Brown to tightline
  • Blacktrack to line upper eye.
Mascara:
  • 3 coats of Loud Lash in Noisy Black
  • 3 coats of Splashproof in Blacksplash
Lips:
  • Burgundy to line lips and fill in.
  • Diva all over the lip and blotted
  • Russian Red followed by another coat of Diva.
  • MAC Red on the center used as gloss and blended outward.
I really enjoyed this look and it was a great-pick me upper. Anyway, I'll be there at MoA again for another shift, and I hope today would be a lotta fun :)

No comments: