Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Regatta Goes Cool and Casual This Summer


Today I started my day with a glass of vino with a slice of strawberry. Elegant, yes?

Tiffany chairs and a sea of people dressed in white reminded me of cool elegance reminding us that summer is fast approaching and the cool colors kept everything crisp and clean.
At this morning's event, Regatta launched their Spring-Summer Collection that spells Vintage Summer. Think stripes, loose tunic dresses, lots of white bottoms (i.e. shorts and pants), twill, cotton... clothes that you could take from the streets to the mall to the beach. Preppy boys and girls, fresh looks with an optional red lip...well, you get the idea.

The look spells sophistication without looking too stiff and boring yet it's casual without looking too drab. For me, I like the short jersey dresses which could double as beach cover-ups. The comfortable stretch jersey is perfect to keep me comfy at work during location summery shoots. I'm comfy yet still look polished, not like I stepped out of the house with all my stuff.

For accessories and footwear, I see flats and sneakers to match the casual vibe of the outfits, roomy canvas bags to hold our summer essentials, and hats, which are essential to protect our hair from being fried to dryness by the hot summer sun. The fedoras the guys are wearing could look really cute too on girls. Pair this with a white tank top and shorts with flats. Keep jewelry minimal and let the outfit do the talking. I like the look to be minimalist, simple, and comfy.
Hair was swept in loose updos texturized by braids with tiny wisps and locks of hair to keep the look casual. Makeup was kept light, natural, and a bit glowy. It is summer, after all, so keep everything light and save the smoky eyes and contours for rainy days.

Looks like casual and fresh seem to be what's in this summer. :) So as I put my sweaters and boots at the back of my closet and make room for the shorts, flowy tunics, and cotton shirts, i officially welcome summer on the streets and well, everywhere. :)

No comments: