Thursday, March 11, 2010

Review: MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil in Dirty Blonde

Not that the 80's are back, but brows are becoming thicker nowadays. Thicker brows are seen in runways, theater, and fashion editorials, and they look a lot better since thicker brows are more youthful. However, thick brows does not mean bushy, unkempt, and unruly. Thick but groomed and defined are the keys.
Hence, eyebrow pencils and brow makeup are forever my quests. MAC's All Ages, All Races, All Sexes line included a line of brow pencils called Impeccable Brow Pencils (Php900). As we have already reviewed the Penultimate Brow Marker, here's what I have to say of the impeccable brow pencils, one of which, was my recent purchase a few weeks ago at the MAC Glorietta counter.
I chose dirty blonde, a safe, and in-between color between the two others: Taupe and Blonde. I found the taupe too dark for me and the blonde too light (light as in it couldn't define much), so I settled for something in between. The color is somewhat ashy, as seen here, as I used it.
The color blends somewhat well to my complexion, and it gives more definition than powder. I like that there are no unsightly red hues on my brows and I could use this if I want to extend my eyebrows (which I did), create more definition and shape, and sharpen or flatten my eyebrow arch, depending on the mood. The texture though is waxier than the Lingering pencils, so what I do here is to "draw" the tail first and then blend the product to my brows with a stiff angled brush for a more natural look. If I want my product to stay put more, I set the pencil with eyebrow powder.

This isn't retractable though, and it does need periodic sharpening, which could be troublesome for most of us. However, in my case, I only need a little of this product so it lasts quite long. So far, it hasn't disappointed me. This color goes well with Beguile brow set and Charcoal Brown eyeshadow to set.

No comments: