Thursday, November 26, 2009

FOTD for the HBC Event

At the HBC event last night, here's my simple FOTD. Giving red lips a break, I went for candy pink and slightly smoked up my eyes.



On face:

  • MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Liquid Foundation NC35
  • MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW 20 on the undereyes.
  • MAC Studiofinish Concealer in NC30 on dark spots and redness
  • MAC Studiofix in NC30 to set and topped with MAC MSF in Light
  • MAC Studiofix in NC25 to highlight and MAC MSF in Dark to Contour
  • MAC Blush in Stark Naked then for a glow, I used MAC MSF in Redhead.

On eyes:

  • MAC Paint Pot in Fresco Rose as a base
  • MAC Eyeshadow Palette in Smoke and Mirrors: Fire in Her Eyes on the Browbone, Deception on the lid, Spell No. 9 on the inner lid, Smoke & Mirrors to contour lid with a tad of Glamour Check! (Love That Look Collection), I also added Black Magique on the outer lid and blended this well.
  • MAC Technakohl in Brownborder to line my eyes and set this with Smoke & Mirrors.
  • MAC Plushlash mascara in Plushblack
  • Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Corrector in 0 on the brows.

On lips:

  • MAC lipstick in Strayin' (Hello Kitty Collection)

I love how my hair behaved that day (er, night) volume, soft waves and all. All I had to do was set it in rollers and then mist with hairspray and leave. Usually, it falls out flat in a few hours but it only did fall flat after the event and when I walked from Unimart to Krispy Kremes on foot bringing all my stuff. Hahahaha. :)

This also shows how the paint pot can achieve a different effect on the eyeshadow color. Fresco Rose is actually pink/lilac, so it gave a hint of purple on my eye color, which complimented the blush and lipstick. Using a neutral-colored base like Painterly or Laura Mercier eye basics in Flax could give a different color.

No comments: