Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunny Day? Still Pluey-Day

Okay... so it was not raining but hey, we'll never know, with the weather being super schizo that it could be strikingly sunny one minute then all of a sudden the rain would pour like there's no tomorrow. It's been like that for 2 days, so here's what I did. - just bring out them Plueys!





It was my first non-fashion photo wearing my Plueys. I don't really post my outfits because I'm not super brand-conscious and most of my stuff are generic. I also don't have a tripod with me so my pictures are, if not taken during a shoot, are FOTDs. My usual style is just classic and non-adventurous (yeah, I'm a boring dresser) since I prefer being safe. My body type is also schizo since I've got broad shoulders with wide hips so it's a mix of athletic, skinny, and curvy.


I usually wear my Plueys with tight pants/skirts/shorts/dresses but a friend gave me an idea of a gender-bender type of outfit- looser pants to be balanced with slim belt and tight tank top.


Makeup: None. hahahahaha. cover the face with shades.


(I did wear Shu Uemura UV Armor SPF 30 since it was a sunny day, take note)


Shades: Bought online
Tank Top: PBCom Bazaar (layered over a skintone tank)
Belt: Terranova
Pants: Mango
Boots: Plueys catstooth



I had a client that morning so I needed the flat boot to be comfortable. I haven't worn those pants in a long time, I just realized that fact. Hahaha. I was dashing right out of the door. Hair was let loose in its natural waves with curl-boosting gel to hold the shape in. As you could see, my work lets me wear only the basics with accessorizing - a watch and a hair elastic in case I need to tie my hair up.



It did rain during the night and I was glad that my feet or pants didn't get wet. Rockwell was the place for dinner but going to Rockwell wasn't complete before stopping by EJ. By that time, I had a decent amount of makeup on, so I don't look washed out. EJ was nice enough to give my brows a boost.

EJ and I have been bonding ever since I was about a few days old from makeup school and he knows my features too well. He has a different approach to my own makeup as I do, which is refreshing.

Finished product. What he did was just define them with an ashy brown brow pencil and brush the brows to keep them in place. Eyeliner to define my eyes in place of mascara.

Here's the rest of my makeup:

  • Shu Uemura Ace ß-g signs preventing essence
  • Maybelline Angelfit Flawless Natural Liquid Foundation in Natural Buff (W02)to even out skin tone
  • MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC30
  • MAC Mineralize Blush in LoveJoy
  • Shu Uemura Gloss Unlimited in BR 750 S

No comments: