Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Makeupbybambi Reviews: MAC Dazzlelash Mascara

Mascara... my second best friend. Mascara makes my lashes more defined and I'm quite generous in coating my lashes with them. Since I do the strong brow technique, mascara sort of balances the strength and fullness of the brows keeping my look feminine. This purchase was actually done a couple of months ago, but I only got to reviewing it now (eek sorry). However, this product is still available in the store, and this is something that I absolutely love.

Another trivia is that this is my first MAC mascara. I've heard great reviews on MAC mascara being opthalmologist-tested and safe for contact lens wearers. This one is pretty new, and of course, it came with a pretty packaging: Black with sparkles!

Actually, when I purchased it, I was told that instead of a matte finish, this one has a glossy finish so the lashes are shiny (kinda like shine serum for the lashes with color). It's smudgeproof but not ultimately waterproof. So, hey, let's give it a try.

When I opened the tube, what attracted me the most was actually the mascara wand, which was small enough and tapered to an end quite nicely so it could go to the inner corners and hard-to-reach areas. I wasn't able to see if it was shiny or not but I like that it was easier to maneuver than those big bushy mascara wands. For more lash to say LASH, I needed my Prep + Prime Lash to give my lashes a bit of a boost.

Effect was more length+define than plump and volume. All in all, it's very subtle. It wouldn't work if I want smoldery smoky eyes because since they only define my lashes, lashes could still get lost with the eye makeup. But for light (or no) eye makeup, it does perfectly. If you want the subtle-lash, this one's for you.


not much of a definition, but at least we know my lashes are still there. Overall, effect was not bad, if length+define is what you're looking for. For smoldering eye makeup though with pumped-up lashes, Zoom Lash and Plush Lash would be better options.


(product shot of Dazzlelash by Kirk Barbosa)

No comments: