Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kiss Me, I'm Plushy

Fafi's got a new friend when I got home yesterday and she definitely looks pleased.

I've never owned lip plumpers or carried them in my train case since some of my clients find it uncomfortable to wear plumpers because of the sting. Plumpers actually slightly irritate the surface of the lips causing it to swell, so that's what the sting is. However, for me I kinda like the sting and I like the instant full lips and the automatic pout I have.

MAC states that Plushglass is a

"sheer lip colour with a pearlized high-shine gloss finish. Comfortable to wear: lush, multi-dimensional. Gives a cool-warm, vanilla buzz to the lips. Moisturizes, soothes and visibly plumps the lips to make them look luxuriously healthy and well-conditioned. Contains vitamin E for added environmental protection."


So this is one of MAC's lipglasses but with an extra oomph of lip plumper. The shade I got was Nice Buzz, which is a "shimmery light gold with gold pearl." The gold part could warm a cool lipstick I have with the plumping effect giving my lips like a tad more cush to make them more Scarlet Johannsen-like. The shade is quite similar to the famous Paris Hilton favorite - Prrr, and the color is quite safe for me to wear on over a variety of colors I would like to warm up.

I'm more of a lipstick girl than a lipgloss because I like the staying power of lipsticks and the color delivery. I'm quite picky with my lipglosses since some tend to be tacky. MAC is one brand I recommend for lipglosses because they're less sticky and slide-y. Just don't wear too much. I love how the product smells like. It smells like cupcake and tastes like it too, except there's a slight tingle from the plumping effect.

Sting factor is practically bearable. My lips didn't hurt much and there wasn't much on the sting, but more a slight tingle.

For how it looks like check lips before Plushglass:


and with Plushglass alone and two other lipstick shades that are suitable to wear with this shade:

The gold reflects help give my lips a warm hue when worn alone. I like the effect it had with the nude lipstick. For me, I only use a tad on the center and then move outwards. If you're using this for client use, I recommend swatching a bit of product using the doe foot applicator on an empty (and clean) part of the mixing pallette and then using a brush to apply to the lips. For personal use and if you're using this over lipstick, I use the doe foot applicator directly and wipe it with a tissue with alcohol to clean any lipstick residue and to prevent color mixing so color stays true to its word (and it keeps it longer too).

The cost of the Plushglass is Php 900 as of now, but since makeup prices would be increasing, maybe let's give an approximation of Php 1000 for the cost. When I checked the MAC website, Nice Buzz is still available.

No comments: