Saturday, July 18, 2009

Pink and Pretty Look For Saturday

My friend Kirk asked me like a few weeks ago if I would like to do makeup for his friend's shoot. I like Kirk's work as a photographer plus his quick post-processing without altering the makeup. I agreed to do the shoot. While booking, we were supposed to book our home base studio but since our 2 favorites are fully booked, he asked me if I knew any other studios. I remembered that a friend of mine set up a studio down south and since we're all from the south area, we booked at Keylight Studios.


I wanted to go for happy and girly today for some reason so I curled my hair using a thin ceramic hair iron (which holds curls easier but I find this harder to control than a regular curling iron) and did an all-pink makeup scheme that's as girly as my hair.
To recreate this look. here's what I used for makeup.

Shown:


Shown (Clockwise from L): MAC lipstick in Strayin' (Hello Kitty), The Body Shop Eye color #5, MAC Mineralize blush in Lovejoy. Elizabeth Arden palette (blush for contour, light shadow for browbone), MAC Cremesheen Lipglass in Fashion Scoop, Lancome Courbe Virtuose (Black, Estee Lauder Automatic Eye Pencil in Walnut Brown, Paul and Joe Eyebrow Pencil #4, MAC Heatherette Eyeshadow Trio #2 (I used Hoppin', the leftmost color on the lid, which was quite neutral peach pink), Paul and Joe Creamy Compact in Clair.

Not Shown: MAC Studiofinish Concealer in NW30, Watercolors eye perfector, Bare Minerals in Fairy Light, MAC eyeshadow in Soft Flower (Emanuel Ungaro collection), a matte salmon pink finish.

DIRECTIONS:

FACE
  • Even out skin with the necessary color-correctors and concealers. For me, I used a peach-toned concealer under my eyes and topped this and all other imperfections with concealer.
  • Apply foundation (creme-to-powder in a dewy finish) with a sponge and set with powder.
  • Contour face to bring the natural planes of the face forward. Here, I used blush with a brown undertone like the blush shown here, which comes with my Elizabeth Arden Palette.
  • After blending my contours, I used a candy pink color on my cheeks for a pop of color
EYES
  • Define brows with eyebrow pencil and powder in a brown shade. Brush with brow gel to set.
  • Apply a shell-colored cream base from lashline to browbone.
  • Use a bone-colored nude shadow on the browbone as a highlight.
  • Neutral peach color on the lid and blend these well.
  • For color-contour, I brushed a matte pink shadow on the outer V and crease. Blend well.
  • Line eyes with dark brown liner and set pencil liner with brown powder. Try getting the liner in between lashes for the illusion of full lashes.
  • Curl lashes and apply mascara.
LIPS
  • Line lips with a pink lipliner and fill in.
  • Apply a complementary pink shade on lips and top with gloss if desired.

Shoot was fun and fast and I even had time to get some shots done. Sure can't wait to post them!

No comments: