Tuesday, December 1, 2009

How I Made Gray Not Drabby at Nouveaute

I thought I'd try on this new dress I got. It's a V-neck shift gray dress that's just above the knee. I thought the classic fit was a bit interestng but when I fit it alone, I thought I'd need an extra coverage since it plunges a bit too low. Since I would be doing makeup for the Nouveaute 2009 fashion show, and knowing that there would be pictures even at the frazzle of backstage makeup, I thought I'd have to look good too with all the pressure.

The bandeau provides coverage while the lacy details provide an interesting contrast that's somehow sexy too without anything peeking out. I sported wedges that would give me height without sacrificing comfort. As usual, no hand accessories save for a watch to keep me on time. Since the neckline was quite open, I sported a huge statement necklace of my own design. Had I wanted to skip the necklace, a wide belt (as Mike suggested) could be a better alternative. What's with the shades? Well, no makeup yet. I was thinking should I blowdry my hair or let the hair be? As I was lacking time (still came from a shoot before the show) I just pinned my hair in a bun and let it loose when I want waves.


As for the makeup, I just did my red lips but drew attention to my eyes with a sorta smoky look:


Brows:

  • Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eye Corrector 0

Face:

  • MAC Studio Sculpt concealer in NW 20 on undereyes and NC 30 on blemishes set with MAC Studiofix NC30
  • MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle on cheeks as a highlight

Eyes:

  • MAC Paint Pot in Fresco Rose
  • MAC Palette in Smoke and Diamonds (just 4 eyeshadows there, a highlight, a lid color, and contour color, and a bit of black for smokiness)
  • MAC Technakohl in Brownborder
  • MAC Plushlash in Plushblack

Lips:

  • Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in RD 165M

For the makeup, I gave a smokey look on everyone. Here's me and my model, Jovy:

I strengthened her contours and added bronzer on her cheeks to warm her face up and highlighted her cheeks with Soft and Gentle. Brows had to be defined as it was a fashion show and the eyes, I used solid black kohl and falsies to make the smokey-reddish brown colors pop. reddish-caramel lips made her stand out. Of course, for fashion shows, makeup had to be thickly applied as the stage lights could drown out her look.

No comments: