Tuesday, December 1, 2009

MAC Celebrates Viva Glam 2009


December 1 marks not just the first day of December and we've got but only a few weeks left before our Christmas shopping but also World AIDS Day. My favorite brand of all time celebrates this day donning the purple shirt and going Viva Glam. More than just a makeup brand, MAC also has programs that are more than just prettifying ourselves with a sweep and a pat. I've already blogged about the Back To MAC program (and those who have seen me guest at the stores have already heard about it). Here, what we're gonna be talking about is the MAC AIDS Fund.

This program was created in 1994 to support men, women, and children affected by HIV and AIDS. The MAC AIDS FUND provides monies to non-profit organizations globally in support of direct services (food, housing, health care, etc) as well as education and prevention programs.

What fuels the funding is actually the sales of the MAC Viva Glam lipsticks. The MAC Viva Glam lipsticks have been endorsed by international celebrities such as Pamela Anderson, Elton John, Dita Von Teese, Eve, Lisa Marie Presley, and right now Fergie of Black Eyed Peas. Every cent of the retail selling price of Viva Glam lipsticks and lipglasses (and this holiday season, lip palettes) is donated to various AIDS programs in the communities where the product is sold. To distinguish a Viva GLam lipstick, check out those in a red tube.

For this year, MAC invited celebrities such as Marc Nelson, Rovilson Fernandez, Hindy Tantoco, Alexi Alunan, Jinno Rufino, and Cecile Van Straten to share with us how we could help the MAC AIDS FUND, by purchasing a Viva Glam lipstick. The shades are really very wearable, with colors ranging from a bold red to a pale nude color.

As I arrived at Glorietta, the MAC store was decorated with Viva Glam paraphernalia. Fergie was on display too.

Of course I would definitely wear black for this day, as it's been MAC's standard color. The white sash came with that shirt and I still kept my outfit 95% black.

And check out how the fabulous MAC team wore Viva Glam lipsticks.

Ever-so-fabulous Rizza sporting my favorite Viva Glam I.

The bright red makes a bold statement on its own, so Rizza's eyes were kept neutral, but still flirty and feminine with winged eyeliner and lots of mascara.

Cyndee shows how to wear Viva Glam II without looking pale. Love the blue smokey eyes to accentuate her eyes. Viva Glam II is prolly what people would want for the nude Jolie-esque lips.

As I already purchased Viva Glam I earlier, I was searching for a lipstick that's still natural but not too pale, something I could still use for bridals without washing out the lip color. Until I found my choice in Viva Glam V and guess who sold it to me?


yep, I bought that from Marc Nelson (weeeeeee! :P), and he's holding out the lipstick that I bought. Viva Glam V is actually pink with a bit of brownish undertone so it's perfect for weddings and prenup shots. The finish is actually frosty instead of matte and I'm assured of a relatively long staying power, with my experience from MAC lipsticks, all having less time to retouch. I have actually the lipglass variety of this one, which is about to run out, so it's good to have a backup tube. More of this lipstick soon.

Of course, what would an event be without pictures?

Me, Lyn of MAC Makati, Kang, Sam, Owen of MAC MoA, and of course, the lovely Mikee.
Mikee and I. I'm currently wearing Viva Glam I on my lips today.
Me and Rovilson Fernandez. Hell yeah I'd buy if guys this good-looking would be there at the counter too selling.

Viva Glam lipsticks aren't just for prettifying the lips but they're also a good cause. :) Be sure to catch the Viva Glam lipsticks and limited edition palettes on counter.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Viva Glam I looks great on you! I gave mine away to a friend...for some reason, it looked fuschia on me :c