Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Night Duty

As I checked my Multiply last night, I got a surprise from Dennis's account and saw that our collab shoot last month is now up



Part 1 of a series:




more could be seen here

Image Credits:
Model: Tray Acuna

Make-up: Bambi dela Cruz
Styling, Tattoo Body Art and Accessories: Dennis Celestial
Assisted by Stevert Honorio and Karlo Pobre
Images by Darz Pobre

I've been introduced to smoky eyes for men by Dennis and it's a style that I've grown to love, at least in photoshoots with dark and conceptual themes. Whereas with ladies I use blacks and grays and silvers with shimmer and satin and velvet finishes, I use matted shades for the male counterpart. I use a matte eyeshadow powder (specifically Kryolan eyeshadow in highlight, which also serves as a highlighting powder for contouring) for browbone highlight and do a lot of blending so there's gradual fading of color. On this one, though, I added a bit of gunmetal silver for dimension and some blue for intensity in case Darrel would be doing some desaturation during post-processing.

Again, I gotta hand it to Dennis for doing the tattoo body art drawn freehandedly meaning no stenciling or penciling in with skintone makeup pencil... it was directly drawn on the skin.

No comments: