Thursday, August 13, 2009

Purple Smoke and Bronzed Skin - MAC Guest Artist FOTD

If you've passed by the MAC store at Glorietta this week and noticed a girl who looks like me doing the makeovers and all as an addition to the MAC staff... well... that's me. :) Hehehehe. I've guested at MAC Makati since Monday and today's the last day for this week that I'm guesting. I kinda miss it now. I miss the counter right now I wanna go back there again tomorrow. Guesting there at MAC is hard work but it's so much fun especially for me since I love makeup. Time flies so fast and I'm glad I'm given opportunities like this since I get to meet a lot of people and do things I like to do and being surrounded with my favorite stuff in the world. It's no secret that I have a lot of favorite brands, and MAC is one, being a client and fan of it for so long. I get to fall in love with it both as a consumer/client and as part of the MAC staff. I get to learn new techniques on how to maximize a product and to fall in love with new things. During my first stint there, I fell in love with the brush cleaner and cleanse-off oil. Now, I love the Lightful line and I learned how to maximize the Mineralize line.

Anyway, I did a different look today. I didn't just go super smoky and wear nude lips but I also did body-bronzing, so I was slightly sunkissed today.

For the eyes, I went for smoky purple eyes and I would like to share that look today:

FACE:
After cleansing and moisturizing and applying primer ( Prep+Prime Skin), I applied Select Cover-Up in NW30 on my undereye area and Studio Finish Concealer in NC35 to even out my skin. For foundation, I want to look noticeably darker so I combined Select Sheer liquid foundation in NC42 and Mineralize Satinfinish liquid foundation in NC 35 and brushed this on my skin with a foundation brush. I set this with a mixture of MAC Mineralize loose powder foundation in Medium and a tad of Medium Dark and brushed this on my face with a foundation brush and set and blend it with a 187 brush. I contoured with Mineralize Skinfinish powder in Dark with a 168 brush and highlighted with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder in Medium.

BROWS:

I lined my brows with Espresso and set it with brow set in Girl Boy.

CHEEKS:

For a 3-d look, I used a 168 brush to apply blush in Peachykeen on the apples of my cheeks. For highlight, I used the pink and peach combo of the Mineralize Skinfinish in Triple Fusion (Colour Craft collection) and highlighted the cheekbone and temple with the gold side of the same compact.

EYES:

After priming the lids with Prep+Prime eye in Light and Cream Color Base in Shell, I used the lighter color of Play On Plums Mineralize Eyeshadow (Duo) for the lid color and Shroom for the browbone.

I contoured my crease with the purple side of the same eyeshadow (Play On Plums) and blended this well. For more definition, I contoured the outer crease with Beauty Marked and defined the outer corner with Carbon. I lined my eyes with Smolder Eye Kohl and set this with Carbon and Beauty Marked to add shine. Technakohl in Graphblack to add more definition. Inner waterline was lined with Eye Kohl in Fascinating.

For the lashes, I used Prep+Prime Lash to give lashes extra boost followed by Zoom Lash in Zoomblack and Pro Lash in Coal Black.

LIPS:

Spice lipliner to line lips and filled in. Two possible lipcolors are Half and Half and Viva Glam II.

BODY BRONZING

I prepped my skin with Strobe Cream and then applied Skinsheen Leg Spray in Dark and dusted this with Iridescent Powder in Golden Bronze.

Normally, I'm not that tan but I looked like I just came from the beach. What's the story behind that pose? Check the hand and read the story here.

No comments: