Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Super Starstruck Sunday

Last Sunday, I had the pleasure of doing makeup for a shoot featuring two of the most-renowned people in the field of fashion. I did makeup for supermodel Ms. Jo Ann Bitangcol who modelled the creations of Philippine fashion Maestro Jojie Lloren of Project Runway Philippines, and meeting them has been an experience for me. Jojie will be featured soon in an online magazine and Ms. Jo Ann modelled his clothes.


photo by Darrel Pobre

I was really thrilled to have this experience and I really learned a lot from Jo Ann, who's also a photographer so she gave us some tips on how to take pictures, how to direct, how to pose, and how to work. I also learned a lot on speed without sacrificing quality, especially if we're pressed for time. Also, it's important to concentrate well on every detail of my work and not rely heavily on digital photo-editing. JoAnn really was effortless in her poses. She looked fierce in each frame! And can I just say how much I love her skin and bone structure? She really is a true, ageless beauty.

I really enjoyed the shoot. They were really fun to work with and are such sweeties despite their overflowing success. Thanks to Dennis for the invite again!

Watch out for the pictures soon! In the meantime, here's a teaser:

No comments: