Friday, November 21, 2008

Makeupbybambi Loves MAC Russian Red

When I look at my Christmas stocking, I wish to have a Russian Red inside it for each time I swipe it on my lips, I fall in love with it more and more and more







Russian Red is an intense bluish-red in a matte finish. It's a favorite among red-lipped fanatics and flatters almost anyone. It's a universal red that anyone could pull off. I was introduced to this shade by makeup artist Mari Wild, who happens to be a long-time Russian Red fanatic. I was sitting next to her and I noticed her red lips and I asked, "Ms. Mari, I really love your red lipstick, what shade is it?" When she said Russian Red, I knew I had to immediately try it on for myself.

I love how Russian Red makes my lips pop. Since it's matte, it can be drying on the lips to it's best to prep first the lips with lip balm prior to lipstick application. Then, before lining the lips (a must if you're sporting dark or intensely-colored lipstick), blot excess balm with a tissue. Line lips and fill in then go with your lipstick. Blot and re-apply. It's pretty effortless I can just go on with neutral eye makeup and I look polished.

Russian Red can be mixed with another red to create a customized red for you (I will always remember Ms. Mari saying that there is always a perfect red for everyone, and indeed she's right.) This red is just purely Russian Red with MAC lipliner in cherry. MAC Russian Red can be mixed with MAC Viva Glam I for a very intense red (this tip I learned from Kang of MAC Makati).

Aside from the bold, intense red.... here's what I love too about it: STAYING POWER



That's been wiped a wholelotta times already, yet it's still uber pigmented. I love lipsticks that stay on my lips since I can get too lazy to reapply.

Next project will be this one...:)

3 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

you really look great with reds :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That's the red that I've been looking for!! Sobrang tnry qn ung ibang reds pro lhat super dark.. :( Good thing you posted the name of the shade!! I so appreciate it!! And I kept following your blog!! Keep posting more bout makeup!! :) and food... :)

Anonymous said...

Russian Red looks awesome on you.

-c