Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Tagaytay Makeup Kit

Summer vacation #1: Tagaytay



Of all the weirdest places to go swimming. Hahahaha. That's right. Went to Tagaytay to go swimming @ Canyon Woods. My tan was just a tad sunkissed but not burnt to a crisp tan, but at least I got some color. I still got a few beach trips hopefully as summer looms in more so I'm taking advantage of the water to get a summer color. :)




Anyhoo... being a makeup addict I packed in a separate makeup bag with these babies:





It couldn't fit a small pouch bag so I settled for a mini-train case. I filled it with the essentials and a few colored items in case I want to go adventurous. Since I presumed that I'd get darker, I packed in bronzer and illuminizers. I still got my trusty bronzer - E.L.F. Healthy Glow Bronzing powder, my bronzer that I swear makes me look like I got that back-from-the-beach glow even if I didn't or if I did, it enhances my skin tone.







  • Olay Regenerist Serum, which is my fave moisturizer/makeup base
  • Obagi Eye Cream for the skin around my Eyes
  • Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation #764
  • The Body Shop Gurana Berry Lip Butter
  • MAC eyeshadows: Arctic Grey (from the Chill collection), Nylon, and Swish
  • NYX pigment in Oro
  • The Body Shop brown eyeshadow (which I also use to define brows)
  • The Body Shop Eye Luster Pearls #01 (Blue)
  • Revlon Creme Eyeshadow palette in Not Just Nudes
  • MAC Studiofinish Concealer in NW30
  • MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC30
  • MAC Mineralize Satinfinish powder in Redhead
  • MAC lipsticks in Hot Tahiti and Russian Red
  • Sephora Lipstick in N27
  • MAC Lipglass in Viva Glam V
  • Skin Food Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake
  • Make Up For Ever Eyebrow Corrector
  • Paul and Joe Eyebrow Pencil #4
  • The Body Shop Cheek Color #04
  • E.L.F. Healthy Bronzing Powder in Warm Tan
  • Miners Sparkle Wand in Zinia
  • Kryolan Eyeliner in Dark Brown
  • Italia Ultra Fine Lipliner in Soft Pink
  • Fasio HyperStay Mascara (shock-free)
  • MAC Prep+Prime Lash
  • Lancome Colour Virtuaose Mascara
  • Shu Uemura Lash Curler (both full and half-size)
  • Watercolors Eye Perfector



I didn't bother much with eyeshadows and just focus on perfect skin, lipsticks (notice the reds I brought and some neutrals) and define brows and lots of lashes and long-lasting mascara. This is also where I tested my MAC Prep+Prime lash (review to come soon) I tend to bring a lot although I'm mostly in the water or just eating (EEEK!) since I have this "Just in case I need to doll up" feeling. heeheehee... at most I just came up with this natural look, which I wore going home:









Just evening out the skin with concealer and powder, framing the brows with eyebrow makeup, a bit of eyeliner and bronze pigments, mascara, and bronzer. I forgot to put lipstick here, and since I just attacked some mcdonald's fries and Coke (Zero) Float, I just had lip butter here.

Tan development #1 done... Hopefully, I'll end summer with a more distinct tan line.

2 comments:

A. Rose said...

Just stopping by. I wish it were tanning season already here in N. Va. We're still stuck with cold weather >_<

Love your travel stash! I know what you mean by bringing a gazillion things "just in case" you'll need them [but you never do].

Cris said...

Great travel essentials :D.