Thursday, March 19, 2009

R.I.P Natasha Richardson

As I logged on to the Internet, I just saw at Yahoo! News today that actress Natasha Richardson died due to a head injury from a skiing accident. The article had a picture of a blonde lady and when I saw her name, I thought I've seen her before. when I scrolled down the photos... I found out where I saw her ....


Image Credits

That's her on the right with a very young Lindsay Lohan in one of my most-watched Disney movies, The Parent Trap, where she played Elizabeth James, mom to two Lindsay Lohans and wife to Dennis Quaid's character. She was absolutely gorgeous there and so classy. I loved her wardrobe that transcended time.

Plus I saw how versatile she was when her mommy role took a 180-degree turn at Maid in Manhattan where she played a woman totally opposite Elizabeth where she played a very obnoxious and bratty socialite.

And here's the news about her untimely death as quoted from the Wikipedia article on her:

"On 16 March 2009, Richardson was injured in a skiing accident at the Mont Tremblant Resort. She was taken to Hôpital du Sacré-Coeur de Montréal after suffering a traumatic brain injury. She was listed as being in critical condition, and her husband, Liam Neeson, was reported to have joined her after flying from Toronto, where he was filming a movie. Richardson was flown on March 17 by private jet to Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan and visited by her sons, mother Vanessa Redgrave, and sister Joely Richardson. She died on 18 March 2009 at age 45."

:'(

Even if she's already gone, her legacy will always remain and will make her immortal

1 comment:

Cris said...

True. RIP.
I heard it on the radio, and I really couldn't believe it at first, but it's true :(.