Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Organic Haul from Human Nature

With the trend going green and natural now, I'm glad that there are all-natural products that are being sold in the market now that are not only skin-friendly but also Earth-friendly. I guess it's sorta going "old school" with beauty and skin care, like taking inspiration back during the days when commercially sold-soaps and detergents and chemical synthesis of compounds were not yet available. Not do we pick and grind tree barks or pound leaves abd slather these on ourselves. We just take inspiration and our cue to their benefits and incorporate them to something that's more useful and in a less "raw" form.

I tried a few of these organic products and some of my favorites are found in a brand called Human Nature. The word "heart" in the URL is actually the heart symbol. I've been introduced to the brand when a makeup artist at work used the Cleanser and Makeup Remover and he swore by it. I've had good reviews about it from my models and clients whom I use the product to, so I tried exploring the brand more. I found a small stall in Glorietta 3 that sells organic products so I thought I'd give it a try.

Anyway, so far, here are my Human Nature products that I love and swear by.What I also like with Human Nature products is also their different variants on some of the products, so the fickle minded person that I am can explore various choices and opt for a different "flavor" of let's say hair masque or scrub. The prices are not bad too. Each of these products here on the picture cost about only Php100!

The Cleanser and Makeup Remover caught my attention since I've been looking for a relatively mild wipe-off facial cleanser that I could use in place of my conventional one. This cleanser has honey and cocoa butter, which are fantastic moisturizers. It not only cleanses the skin of makeup and debris but leaves it soft and supple.... just perfect for makeup where I only have 30 minutes or less to create a look.

The Tomato & Lemongrass Toner is recommended for normal to oily skin yet it feels just like water on the skin. I've had my share of toners that sting and burn especially when I'm burned by the sun's rays already beforehand. This one had nada sting. Since it has the key ingredients of tomato and lemongrass, we're loaded with antioxidants and vitamins that keep skin youthful and healthy. Scent also is very mild and although it contains vitamin C, this doesn't whiten the skin to pastiness but brightens it. Remember, lovely makeup starts with lovely skin.

Lastly, for my forever parched and dried locks, if I have time to spare, I use the Organic Hair Mask. This is my favorite "flavor" - mango butter, vitamin E, and peppermint. There's a bigger size than this, for those who have been regularly using the product. However, for those who want to try it out first, you could purchase the smaller size for only Php74.75. I massage like a glopful on my hair and scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes or more before rinsing off. My hair's been quite tamer and the minty feeling is perfect to cool me off during a hot day. The hair mask smells really fabulous too. Oh, and the minty scent clears up my sinuses real quick. :)

Another thing I like about Human Nature is that not only are they organic and devoid of all harmful chemicals but they also do not do animal testing. Definitely this brand lives up to its standards of loving nature, doesn't it? Hmmm... maybe I should try exploring organic skincare too?

No comments: