Saturday, October 1, 2016

Unboxing the September BDJ Box Elite: Bare to Beautiful

Subscription boxes are fun. They are like a surprise that comes to your doorstep, like a boxload of different things to use.

My subscription box gets a hug from baby Sebastian
The BDJ Box Elite for September 2016 goes back to basics with its theme, Bare To Beautiful, which contains your arsenals for beautiful, clean skin and defined eyes. This mix box contains what you need from skincare, to get a beautiful canvas for makeup to adhere to and makeup, to enhance what you naturally got.



The box contains eight items namely:





  • Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths (Php225)
  • L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Magic Blur Cream (Php899 for 50 mL)
  • a 15mL sample of Bioderma Hydrabio Serum (Php808 for 15 mL)
  • The Face Shop CC Cushion Ultra Moist SPF50+ PA (Php895 for 15 g)
  • Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow (Php425)
  • Pink Sugar Honey I'm Good Brow Gel (Php349)
  • FS Features and Shades Mascarade Mascara (Php 500)



Cleansing Cloths are a staple in my makeup kit as a quick cleanse on the model or client's skin before doing makeup, so this one definitely goes to the pro kit. The L'Oreal Paris Revitalift Magic Blur Cream is skin care + primer as it moisturizes and blurs out imperfections instantly with its Opti-Blur Technology. I'm into the anti-ageing skin care since that's highly recommended for my skin now. If the tub is too heavy or bulky to bring to travel or your gym/office makeup kit, you can bring the sample size Buoderma Hydrabio Serum to give your face the hydration it needs.

As the first three items take good care of the skin, we go next to the other items in the box, which are makeup. The focus on the look is a flawless base and eyes, so The Face Shop's CC Cushion Ultra Moist SPF50+ PA is a light base that's easy to apply. Commuters will like this because it's not too heavy on the face while giving SPF protection. Create softer but well-defined brows with the Pink Sugar Honey I'm Good Brow Gel and just a sweep of eyeshadow and mascara and you're all good. For those who do not have the existing Inglot Freedom Palette, you can use this on your DIY empty customizable makeup palettes. You can use the discount coupon from Inglot (10% cash, 5% card) to purchase a complimentary eyeshadow, blush, or lipstick to go with your look. The Inglot eyeshadow I got is  a really nice purple, shade.  I could use that for some sexy, smokey plummy eye makeup for the holidays and I'm quite curious about the brow gel since I'm on the lookout for brow gels that are more affordable. I color my hair a lot and I usually need brow gels which can match my brows to my hair color.

What do you think about this box? What are your favorites? Let me know in the comments below. Please follow BDJ Box in their Facebook Page and find out how you can shop and subscribe.

No comments: