Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Makeupbybambi Was On TV This Morning!

I was invited to guest on a TV show called Tek Tok TV, a show hosted by bloggers Vince Golangco and Hannah Villasis about news on technology, gadgets, the Internet, and blogging. It's my first time to guest on a TV show and I'm both nervous and excited about it. Tek Tok TV airs live every Wednesday from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on the Global News Network (GNN) channel of Destiny Cable.

I dashed out of my house and braved first-week-of-school traffic to get to the studio on time. I made it a point to make my hair look decent and hammered it down to prevent it from fluffing up because of humidity and sweat. Days prior to this show, I was suffering from laryngitis so I took all means and meds to get my voice to a sorta decent level and took a decongestant the night before to help me sleep.

I met Vince and Hannah at the GNN studio. They briefed me first on the show's flow. They would start with me first (eeek!), so the butterfies on my stomach tripled. The two reassured me though that it's going to be a fun and relaxed atmosphere. I also met the other guests, Lauren and Liz of Ukay Manila and Andrea and Val of Glambox.

We were directed to the studio where we were briefed again of the sequence plus the blocking. I did a recheck of my makeup to make sure there's no shine, smear, or smudge.

So here's the set being fixed up.

Me with triple the butterflies on my stomach
Vince does last-minute checkups on angles and lights.

I wait for my turn as Vince and Hannah do a quick intro. Thanks for this picture Noemi!
My interview turned out quite smoothly rather than having me faint at camera-point. Although I'm used to being shot for photoshoots, TV was quite different since my movements and speech are captured. Hannah and Vince made it easy for me and the interview was really fun and relaxed. Just like friends having a conversation. Aside from this blog and makeup 411, I also plugged and talked a bit about our baby project, Blognapinoy, as well since it merges both my loves makeup and blogging. Colds, cough, and nasal cow-like voice forgotten.

Look ma! I'm on TV!
Andrea and Val talk about their product, Glambox Airbrush Cosmetics next. They also did a demo on how their gadget works on Hannah, as shown.

For e-commerce and online shopping, bloggers and online entrepreneurs Liz Lanuzo and Lauren Dado talk about their store, Ukay Manila and also talk about their blogs and their love for makeup, fashion, and all things beautiful.

It was definitely a fun morning for me. Guesting on TV was indeed a new and exciting experience and I'm glad I was in good company that time.

from L-R: Giant Me, Lauren, Liz, Hannah, Vince, Val, and Andrea.

For those who didn't catch the show, I was told that they soon would be uploading the videos on YouTube so I'll update you guys on that when they do.

No comments: