Saturday, October 24, 2009

MAC Makeup Workshop by Owen Sarmiento

I just came home after a fun day. I had a shoot at Mike's today then he dropped me off Rockwell since I had to meet Cyndee and check out the MAC workshop to be held there. When I asked who the model would be, they asked me if I would be the willing guinea pig.

A face full of MAC Makeup? Why will I not complain? And since MAC has a pool of fantastic artists, who am I to complain?

But I gotta start with a clean clean face right? So I removed my red lipstick with makeup remover, wipes, and washed my face with Lightful cleanser. Makeup artist for the event was Owen Sarmiento, who happens to be the counter manager of the MAC branch at Mall of Asia. Owen has such a fantastic portfolio and in his shoots, he usually uses his close friends as his models.
Oooh look at the lovely lovely makeup!

He did a very natural look on me but before makeup, he prepped my skin with proper skin care. He primed my face with the Strobe cream which gave my skin an already luminous finish before evening it out with Mineralize Satinfinish liquid foundation and spot-applying concealer on my problem areas (i.e. Red spots). As you all know, the Mineralize Satinfinish liquid foundation is my first MAC foundation and it was indeed love at first touch for me since I didn't break out and I love the finish. After setting my skin with Mineralize Skinfinish powders, he proceded with eye makeup.

For eyeshadow, Owen applied Prep+Prime eye on my lids as a base for the eyeshadow to hold on to using a 217 brush. As a trivia, the 217 brush was my first-ever MAC brush. I learned techniques on how to maximize my 217 and I'm loving it more. He applied powerpoint pencil in Stubborn brown on my lower lashline but instead of a continuous line, he just filled in the gaps creating the illusion of thicker lashes and defined eyes. He did the same thing on the upper lashes but used Engraved powerpoint pencil, which was a black shade. Then, a natural but high-shine shadow was used on my lids (gleam) followed by mascara on curled lashes. Now, Owen defined my eyebrows with eyebrow pencil in Lingering (a MAC bestseller) and brushed it with a 208 brush. My browbone was highlighted with Shroom, and this was also used to highlight the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them up. After the eyes, it was blush time with Mocha blusher and my lips were lined in Spice lipliner and colored a natural color - Hug Me, which is a natural shade that could flatter anyone. Aside from the basics, Owen showed the audience how to contour using the Dark Mineralize Skinfinish powder and a 116 brush.

For a quick day-to-night upgrade, he just defined my liner with charcoal brown eyeshadow, which he swept by the crease giving it definition plus Silver Dusk loose iridescent powder was placed in strategic places on my face for added shimmy and shine.

So here's me all made up and fabulouswith the fantastic and talented Owen Sarmiento:

Another tip for flawless makeup from Owen: Blend the colors well so everything looks natural instead of makeup. To cover a blemish, it's better to just try to diminish the blemish using little product rather than piling on the concealer since that makes it look cakey. Less is more. :)

So that was my night of fun, beauty, and makeup. What a great way to cap a fantastic work week.

By the way, tomorrow, catch these two MAC-filled activities:
  • Style Black collection launch at MAC Makati counter (Glorietta).
  • Makeovers at the MAC Booth at Rockwell North Wing. I'll be doing makeovers too. :)

No comments: