Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Makeupbybambi Reviews: Shu Uemura Gloss Unlimited BR 750 S


If you've seen me in most of my pictures (although not in shoot pictures as my looks are dictated by pegs), I'm seen most of the time with matte or satin lipstick in my signature color - red. I do divert to nudes sometimes, especially if I want that Angelina Jolie-esque look but it's usually in a matte finish. I prefer lipsticks to gloss because of color delivery since I like punches of color, staying power, and no tacky feel. Gloss for me tends to slide and stick and I find it uncomfortable especially if I eat or talk so I stick to lipstick in a long-lasting formula. For everyday, I've been sticking to tinted lip conditioner. I need tint on my lips since my lips have uneven color, so I need to hide that.

Last Friday, I visited the Shu Uemura boutique and after hanging out long enough, I went to make a purchase. I was debating whether to get RD 165, a rich creamy matte red but since I already made a matte red lipstick purchase, I wanted something new and different. As my eyeshadow colors are complete and so are my blush colors, I went for lip color instead in the nude spectrum. A friend of mine has told me I also look good with nude lip color so I searched and ended up purchasing this baby:

Shu Uemura Gloss Unlimited in BR 750 S. (Retail price: Php 1,000 at Shu Uemura counters and at the Shu Uemura Boutique)

When I handed it over to EJ along with my credit card, I said not to put it in a shopping bag and it went directly in my makeup box, since I brought it with me already and gave it a test run.



"easy-to-wear vivid shades in vibrant color. Each shade delivers intense color fidelity and brightness, 3 dimensional shine effect in a non-sticky formula that keeps lips hydrated and soft. Sheer Coverage."

Swatching the color, I saw tiny flecks of gold instead of big chunks of glitter. The brown is more on the nude golden side, instead of the deep, muddy brown that just doesn't look that good on my skin. The finish is sheer and not metallic, so it gives my lips just a hint of color instead of coloring it entirely. Kind of like the effect I see in MAC lipglass, another one of my fave lipglosses. I like that it was quite easy to wipe off my hand and it wasn't that viscous and uncomfortable on my lips. Texture-wise, this was rather syrupy instead of glue-like.

The brown wasn't muddy brown. Color-tint is quite universal. I could use this over lipstick in a matching color (say a nude-brown or slight brown-red or pink-brown shade) if I want a bit of oomph. My natural lip color still shows through. I might need still lipstick or lipliner to even-up my lips.

The reflective particles did plump up my lips a bit, yes (minus the sting, that is)? Who needs collagen now?

Flavor-wise, sorry to those who love flavor but this has no flavor at all. Odor isn't as strongly perfumed, but I like the scent nontheless. It also comes with a sponge-tip applicator that's shaped straight up yet this still works well with a brush too.



Looks like I found another non-tacky gloss that I could definitely wear, and maybe this could be a refreshing take when I want to look just natural and give my rich reds and pinks and plums a rest. Also, this could mean deeper eye colors too. :)

No comments: