A year-ender post of my top love products that I discovered the previous year. These are tried-and-tested products that I've grown to love and highly recommend the next time any friend or beauty addict would go and ask for a recommendation.
BATH PRODUCTS AND SKIN CARE
1. Olay Regenerist Skin Care Line - Ageless skin is priceless, and hence since it was introduced to me last September and with already almost 3 months into using the line, I've grown to love it. The day cream has SPF 15 already, and I could use this whenever I go out to protect myself from the harmful rays of the sun. The night cream feels light on the skin and I love how it got absorbed into my skin immediately. An eye cream has been added to my regimen and I love how it didn't sting my eyes unlike other eye creams do and how it's light enough to be worn at daytime. Of course who doesn't love the star product, i.e. the Serum, which doubles as an excellent face primer and its price (Php 999.00) is almost half of what expensive primers would cost.
2. Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil - Makeup removal has never been easier with this. I also use the lesser expensive cleansing oils, which work quite well too, but this one works amazing wonders. I love how they smell (my favorites are the pink one, well not only because it's pink but I like how light it feels and the A/I, for very sensitive skin, which became my staple cleanser when my skin became raw during the weather). All I need to do is massage, wet with water to emulsify, massage, and rinse off. Makeup gone! It's powerful enough to rid my face of super thick stage makeup.
3. Neutrogena Body Oil - A post-shower body oil you apply when your skin is damp and then dab off. Your skin is moisturized and I love the light sesame formula.
4. The Body Shop Olive Line - It made me smell gorgeous and feeling like a Greek Goddess. I love how fresh it smells. It kind of leaves the mystery like, "I love the smell but I can't pinpoint what it is."
5. Neutrogena Sunblock Spray - which dries quickly and does not cause breakouts. I love the tropical goddess smell and the uber-light formula which I could use all-year round. Plus, since it's a spray formulation, I could use it on those hard-to-reach areas. Sure, it is pricey (but not really, at Php 485.00), but hey, good skin is an investment and one should not be stingy to sunblock as it's a must to stay away from skin cancer (think chemotherapy treatment, hospitalization, radiation therapy, and further complications which could take a bigger dent on our bank account, health, and energy).
6. Kiehl's Non-Detergent Foaming Facial Cleanser - For those days when your skin seems like an oil mine, this is the cleanser. A bottle can last for around 3 months and it's unscented so sensitive noses are okay to this.
1. Paul and Joe Moisturizing Compact Foundation- I buy the refill since it's easier to stack on my makeup case. I love the natural, dewy, and fresh finish P&J foundations have. For a cream foundation, this goes on uber light and dries into a powdery finish. This could even double as a concealer. It's super tipid as well, I'm not even halfway done with mine.
2. MAC Lipstick in Russian Red - My perfect red lipstick that never left my bag. I want an intense lippie that I could use that could complement a wider variety of skin tones. I love this red lipstick and I bought it for myself for Christmas.
3. Fasio Mascara - I love Fasio because it delivers optimum performance. It does not budge even if I submerge myself in water. I also love that it costs really cheap (Php 395.00) and it comes in various shades.
4. Fanny Serrano blush in Georgia Peach - Has a flattering peachy-pink shade to fit most skintones. It delivers well and costs less than your cellphone load.
5. Sally Hansen Airbrush Foundation (No Color) - For the foolproof and easy-to-match shade and a matte finish. I spray this on the palette and apply it with a stippling/foundation brush on the face for a neat, even finish.
6. Paul and Joe Eyebrow Pencil - Always sold-out pencils that give the perfect arch that frame the face without making it look too fake or pencilled in. It's a Paul and Joe bestseller. This double-ended pencil is a must-have for the kilay-obsessed.
7. The Body Shop Lip Butters - Save chapped lips (and wallets) with a rich formula that tastes yummy and doesn't feel waxy.
8. Fashion 21 Liquid Eyeliner - For super-defined eyes and liner that would not budge even if submerged in water. Oh, and it's really, really, really cheap at Php 120.00
1. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - The full and the mini-sized, they've been an assett to me in delivering the perfect curl without pinching my lashes. I'm glad Shu has lowered their prices a bit. These are curlers that were forever sold out before but I'm glad that all Shu counters have a stock of these.
2. MAC 187 Stippling Brush - After which I have always used brushes to apply foundation since not only do they not eat up the product and they get to the areas that can't be reached by a sponge.
3. Kabuki Brush - I love kabuki brushes because they polish the whole makeup base (foundation-powder-sheer translucent setting veil) making the face flawless and evening out everything to a buff, smooth finish. For mineral makeup addicts, they deliver full coverage when foundation is being buffed. Not to mention it looks pretty cute too.
4. Makeup Case - whatever brand, I love this for one thing because it increased my efficacy and organization by 40%. All I have to do is open the case and everything's there. Just a tad heavy, though.
1. Bench RockSteady Sculpting Bond - Flattens hair for that neat, pulled back look that holds all day.
2. White Rain Hairspray in Pearberry - Smells like candy and holds hairstyles all day. I love the smell since it's not too chemical-like. The pink bottle looks cute too!
3. Vidal Sassoon 4-in-1 Style-to-go - A crimper, micro-crimper, deep-waver, and hair straightener in one.
4. V05 Heat Defense Spray -to use along with hot tools to prevent tresses from frying. Real cheap (Php205.00) and smells good too!
5. Pantene 3-minute Miracle Treatment - Repairs my hair from whatever abuse it had. Okay, so don't expect an instant miracle the moment you rinse it off like you hair with glisten like diamonds. Hair will be significantly softer and tamer from its fried state. It smells fabulous as well and doesn't smell like a chemical treatment.
Happy new year! Let's start the year right