Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Makeupbybambi loves Paul and Joe Creamy Compact Foundation

My cosmetics fair loot that I highly recommend. During CAS Cosmetics fairs, big brands usually go there to introduced their products and offer them at a discount. When Paul and Joe had 50% off on base makeup (their bestsellers) I just had to jump at the offer.




Regular refill cost: Php 1,450
I got the refills at 50% off so I got two. :)





I buy the refills because it's cheaper and it could fit my tiny makeup case better (tip for makeup artists)

The creamy compact foundation actually is supposed to be applied with a sponge directly on the face. For photoshoots, I put liquid foundation under it but for everyday, I use this alone (Remember to use a clean sponge!) I like the natural dewy finish it gave me. The difference between this and the moisturizing compact foundation and the light cream/liquid foundations are that this one gives a more matte finish with a bit of dewy glow. When I saw the compact, I thought it was pressed powder until Von of Paul and Joe told me that it's actually a cream-to-powder foundation with a natural finish and he showed me how it's supposed to be applied. When I felt it, it was silkier than your average two-way foundation and it had a creamy feel to it. It felt light on me and I didn't feel like I'm wearing foundation.

Not to mention I keep getting compliments on how good my skin is but they can't just know why. :)

3 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

Sayang, i wasn't able to go due to work meetings :( That's a great buy you got!!!

Tierra M Wilson said...

Great product! Something like this is just what I need to put in my new carry on cosmetic case from Salon Hive!

http://www.salonhive.com/pro-soft-sided-carry-on-cosmetic-case-w-trays-ts-99.html

Bambi said...

@ Nikki: Yep! kaya i bought 2 already :) Nikki you you you you make me more addicted to paul and joe!

@Tierra: Hi girl! yep! actually it was a suggestion to me by my P&J MUA friend there to get the refills. Not only is it loads cheaper but it saves space too in the cosmetic case :) Too bad P&J has very limited products here in Manila. :(