Friday, December 3, 2010

Red Lips for My First December Bride

December means wedding season for the Philippines and most makeup artists have their hands full with brides, especially those known for weddings. I was quite bummed to not have a December bride but I'm fully optimistic that I would be having one.

Fortunately, I did have a December bride, and it turned out to be Marie (nicknamed Red), who I met around two years ago. She told me that she wanted an upgraded version of her signature look, which was natural makeup with very red lips.

Since Marie is also a makeup artist, we both understood terms regarding makeup like her shade color. She also told me that her skin's acidic, so we would have to adjust shades with regards to foundation. Marie's wedding would also mark another milestone on me because she would be my first airbrush makeup bride since purchase of my airbrush makeup kit. Marie had her wedding at Fernbrook Gardens Alabang and had her preps done at B Hotel. Since I'm in the area anyway, it was quite easy for me to travel and B Hotel wasn't hard to find.

Did I tell you this was the ever first time I met her in person? We didn't have trial makeup, and my only basis of how she looked was her Facebook profile. But even when we first met she's not hard to love. During makeup session we exchanged stories about makeup school (she and I are also makeup school schoolmates) and our addiction with makeup, which never seemed to stop years after makeup school.

Marie's a good girl, she already had her face prepped up to primer so all I had to do was apply makeup on her but before that, I refreshed her face with Fix+, a weapon of mass beauty that's too impossible to live without.

I had my brushes armed for battle. Her auntie gets aliw at my toolbelt, which is a definite conversation piece.


Marie's got bright eyes and full lips. While at it, we both shared our love for red lipstick, and she firmly believes that anyone could wear red lipstick. Aside from being my first airbrush bride, Marie is also the first red-lipped bride I have.

After makeup, Fernbrook's limo picked us up and the limo got us to Fernbrook where all the rest of the preps took place. Before that, here's a photo op of the two of us at the back of the limo:

Even if her wedding would be in a few hours, she was still upbeat and cheery, only feeling tension when she descended the carriage before she walked down the aisle. Anyway, back to the preps. Her gown was more of a Royal Victorian motif, so we were all whisked away to the Victorian era of romantic laces and full skirts, minus the discomfort of a tight and waist-binding corset.
Her hairstylist Manny managed to turn Marie's bob into cascading tresses with the help of extensions.

Ready when you are Marie!

Another hidden talent I discovered with her is that she could sing. She surprised her groom (and all of us) by a different twist with her vows: She sung the vows that she wrote herself! And she did so really well that everyone applauded and a handful of the guests were teary eyed. Although she was crying herself as the song ended she really sung well.

Congratulations Marie and Cedric! Thanks for making me part of your special day.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

congrats on your first red-lippie bride as well as your first airbrush bride. love the pink toolbelt! is that from suesh?

Bambi said...

yep suesh it is!