Friday, December 17, 2010

Thank You SHOT!



I've learned never to let a wonderful opportunity pass. That's why when I was given a chance of a lifetime, it was an immediate yes for me. Now looking at it, it's so surreal I'm both shy and excited to blog about it. Although I'm nearing four years of living my life as a makeup artist, I still consider myself quite new here, and there are bigger people given bigger job responsibilities. I guess the picture below would tell the story:

I gotta give a heads up and big hug of thanks to Lucas for the cover. Lucas and I go a long way back. He was the first model I worked with ever, and I'm just glad he trusted his face to my uhugin makeup artist self then. Today, Lucas and I still do projects together and this was one he gave to me. Probably this was one of the most challenging shoots that we did. We were given little time for this photoshoot, roughly 10 minutes for the whole thing and less than 3 minutes to do the prep up. Of course we can't just slack because time is of the essence for our very busy subject and this is going to be the cover of a maiden issue of a magazine. Christine and I had our jobs on the line too, since we shouldn't use limited time as an excuse to make our work so-so. We had to give our best no matter what and in whatever situation.


An early Christmas, yes? Thank you SHOT Magazine, Lucas, and Christine. It was indeed an eventful day but the experience was worth it.

SHOT Magaine hits magazine stands on December 20 so be sure to grab a copy. :)

No comments: