Monday, July 12, 2010

Starstruck with Dior's All Star Red

Again, my interest for red lippies and lipsticks in general plus Avy's frequency at the makeup counter led me to discover this new red lippie I would love to keep for myself:


I've never explored Dior until Avy dragged me along since I was with her as she was shopping for foundation. I was tinkering with the lipsticks and everyone knows that the first thing I look for are the bright and bold reds. Okay so this is Rouge Dior Replenishing Lipcolor, which happens to be Dior's bestselling lipstick lines, not because of their shades, but for giving lush, smooth, and luminous lips.

This shade is #848 aptly named All Star Red.
Papparazi shot shows it to be more on the red-orangey side. This is another Level 2 red shade if you want to try red. Since it's orange red, it would compliment the warm-golden Filipina skintone more than the cool bluish-reds. The sosyal-looking packaging looks fabulous too on our kikay kit. Imagine whipping this out during retouch. Fab.Personally, I'm a matte-type of girl. As in the no-shine, no-to-dewy, not-a-drop-of-oil-matte,but I could use the sheen this has. That's how it looks like on my lips. It's somewhat more subtle than my in-your-face-seen-a-million-miles away reds. The shine it has is rather healthy, like the sheen on lips taken good care of.

Girls with dry lips would like how it glides on like butter on the lips without enhancing the chapped lines. It's creamy on the lips and it's perfect for those who want to try red but don't like matte. I could top it over my dry matte lipsticks when I want sheen without the stick.

Currently priced at Php1650, the cost is pretty steep as compared to my usual lipsticks. However, if I do want to indulge on lipstick that's opaque while leaving my lips cushy and soft, I'd probably drop by the Dior counter and get myself one. Just now, I'd stick it with my mattes and retro mattes.

No comments: