Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gigs: Fashion Show By Massimo Dutti

I got a call the other night asking if I could be part of the team to do makeup for the Massimo Dutti fashion show held at Rockwell. Since I wasn't doing anything that day, I agreed.

Call time was at 11:00 a.m. so I was there at the Rockwell store minutes before the mall opened (Rockwell opens at 11:00 a.m.) After doing some bank errands, the team proceded to do makeup. They gave us a subtle smoky eye peg with a berry-stained lip. Skin was hydroluminous, meaning it's not traditionally matte.

The show started at 3:oo p.m. at the Massimo Dutti store.

The look isn't entirely matte here. The peg shown to us showed a bit of glow on the skin. What I did was use Studio Sculpt foundation set with Mineralize Skinfinish powder in Medium Plus on the model. I used warm blush on her (Peaches) topped with Light Over Dark Mineralize Blush. Her eyes were kept in the warm palette of browns and golds with just a tad of Brun and Carbon for intensity. My next model was fairer (the photos were taken during the show itself). Her palette was lighter and I used a blend of peach-pink for her cheeks. For her lips, I used Brave lipstick topped with Full For You plushglass for the berry scheme.

Here's the work of the rest of the team:



The boys weren't left out too. :) Here, we kept the look matte and focused on evening out their skintones. Highlight was kept at a minimum to make the overall look youthful


Makeup for this show was by MAC, which was the makeup sponsor for the show.

I hung out first at Rockwell before heading back to Makati. I stopped by Park Square to buy a feeding bowl for the birds but I couldn't resist on checking out the dresses at the stalls. I ended up buying two dresses at one stall that only cost me Php450. The best part? They fit my criteria : simple, streamlined, and classic. More on my dresses soon. They're being soaked in the laundry.

No comments: