Saturday, February 11, 2012

Swatching Pink Pigeon



Two weeks ago, I woke up early and ran to Rockwell and fell in line and purchased another hot pink lippie for my lipstick collection. I know that I have a lot of pink lipsticks but I couldn't resist another hot pink lipstick. As springtime comes, out comes pretty bright colors! When MAC launched their recent collections, and one of the highlights is a hot pink lipstick from the Iris Apfel line, a bright neon pink called Pink Pigeon.




Pink Pigeon is a bright pink color that's super in-your-face in a very pigmented matte finish. Looks familiar? I compared it with last year's Candy Yum Yum, which is pretty similar.





Pink Pigeon on the left and Candy Yum Yum on the right. You can see very well that Candy Yum Yum is much brighter and more neon bright pink. If you ask me, it's more on the cooler bluish side too.

On lips, there is a difference


Candy Yum Yum

Pink Pigeon

If you have both shades, you'd notice Candy Yum Yum is a drier matte. It has probably the same texture as Ruby Woo. Pink Pigeon is also matte, but it's a little bit less dry. Think the consistency of Russian Red or Diva. They're both very pretty shades though. Pink Pigeon is also deeper in color. It fades t0 a nice and pretty deep pink stain, so it's pretty long lasting too in keeping your lips colored.

Both are really pretty shades to wear with a bare eye or full-on smoky for events, a-la Katy Perry. As my advice for makeup, just have fun with it!

No comments: