Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ticker List Before 30: Yay! Almost there!


I'll be 30 in a few months! Am I dreading it? Actually, no. I'm looking forward to it as another year and a milestone in my life, just like kids look forward to their birthdays every year. In fact, I told everyone I stopped counting the age at 7, and look at age as a number.

Normally, we all have our ticker list before 30. As for me, I'll look back at these years and see what I've done thus far, counting the blessings that I did. Don't expect though that it's like "made my first million" or like "become CEO of company ABC" or something, because obviously, that's not my line of work.


Found what I loved to do and rocked at it

I think for me that's the most important thing. I found what I want to do for a living already, stuck to it, and survived. It's not easy though, and I think most of the people who are in my line of work agree that getting to be a makeup artist is a tough job. The thought though of waking up every morning and looking forward to going to work, whatever it may be is more than millions to me. It's working while having fun because I like what I do, and I'm glad I'm here and newsflash, I'm staying here in the makeup industry like I'm superglued to it until the day I die.

Turned pesco-vegetarian

It's something that I always had potential to, since I really like vegetables more than meat. I find myself sluggish and bottom-heavy everytime I binge on meat, but veggies somehow give me a cleaner feeling inside. What I can't give up though is seafood and sushi, that I eat still. I feel so much lighter and cleaner. I bet mother nature thanks me for it.

Took care of my skin

Would you believe I still get mistaken to be in my early 20's? Thankfully, I was introduced to skin care techniques and products specific for my skin type. I got educated as well on the need to have SPF. It's not just a bottle of greasy stuff... it protects you from the sun and ageing.



As you all know, I'm a faithful Olay user and I use Olay on my face and when it's pole-free days, I use Olay body wash or Olay body bar on myself. On days that I go out though, this baby is on my face and neck:

This is Olay Regenerist Superstructure cream, which even is highly potent in anti-ageing benefits plus SPF 30 (normal SPFs are like just 15, this one is practically like heavy-duty sport sunblocks), it goes on light as milk on my skin and doesn't interfere with my makeup. I do what Kris does sometimes, and use this on my body at night too. :P

Gotten married and moved out of my parent's house



One sign that I'm a grownup already! Self-explained.

Whipped myself in better shape by going to a class

I'm getting mad muscle tone and I'm doing this the natural way - no steroids or protein enhancers. It's been eight months since my first pole session and we're having our evaluations later. But regardless what level I'm in, I'm happy at my accomplishments.

I did my Gemini already and it's becoming my favorite trick
The jade is like an inverted split. With regards to my splits, they're getting better, and it looks like I'll be able to do two full splits before June 2012.

Handstand butterfly, the latest trick taught to us in class.

By the way, it was only through pole that I got amazing abs and strength in less than a year. My bruises and muscles don't get me to model anymore as I'm no longer flawless but I wouldn't have it any other way. I think I belong here more and prefer working backstage in the fashion industry.

Went International

Well, sort of. One of my fun shoots shot to international level when several of the photos landed at the online version of Vogue Italia.
I have an amazing team to thank for.

Seen and fell in love with Singapore

When everyone I know wanted to move to Singapore I was intrigued about the fuss Singapore had. When I got there, I didn't want to go back home. It's just too beautiful, too clean, and too organized. The food is amazing, and it's my type of city definitely. I'm more of a metro than suburbs girl. The suburbs bore me and I prefer being surrounded by buildings and taking MRTs rather than bore myself to death with clean air and birds chirping. It's like a big mall with trains and zero crime rate. And, I can pole in here too.

I'll be adding to this list as I go along, but here are a few goals I would like done, still got more than half a year to go:

  • Have another billboard done
  • Learn more vegetarian dishes
  • Polish my music skills and hopefully upload more music covers
  • Get a pole of my own so I can practice pole at home
  • Do another show
  • Do a TVC
  • Study hair
  • Travel more
  • Visit Europe (this I'll extend my goal to hmm... say 40)
  • Have more staples in my wardrobe - not just funky stuff
  • Finally develop my drawing skills because I still can't draw
  • Take more pictures, now I have a better camera

And the list will go on. Why? Because I think life is an adventure and I only have one so I'll live it and rock it.

No comments: