Thursday, May 5, 2011

Seeing Red: OOTD


I spotted this really, really pretty long maxi dress a week ago. It's deceiving really, it's in a solid color, with a high neckline and for once, it's sleeved yet it cuts low at the back. I loved the fit of it and since it was on sale at Topshop at a good Php399, I was so lucky that it had my size. I was contemplating whether to get it in gray or maroon, but I've never had a maroon dress before, and it looks so elegant and hugs me well at every way.

I like how it cuts low on the back and the solidness but at the same time boldness of the color. I wore this dress to this afternoon's tea/press launch of the newest Elizabeth Arden scent, which I'll blog about it a bit. I know that a dress with a deep back like this requires me to wear my hair up but I thought of just wearing my hair down that day. Kitty Chompy's by my side eating her post-dinner dinner.

Chompy decides to take centerstage and be the center of the photo and not the front of my dress. Hahaha. It looks very formal, and could actually pass for a formal dress with the right accessories but with flipflops or flats, a scraggy handcombed ponytail and fresh face, I could channel the model off-duty vibe. This dress is definitely part of my "raket dress" collection, a term I use for dresses that I could use for my formal event works which require me to be comfy but presentable at the same time.
Even with the chore of feeding the cat.
This was the part where she rubs her head on my hand. Awwww. Another share... I just love the job the guys of Piandre Greenbelt 1 did to my hair. They blowdried it with volume at the ends so it doesn't fall scraggly or flat. Swear, I needed to have a picture of it before I wash it off the following morning. Walang shampoohan sa gabi ito mehn! Since the dress is already bright and bold, I just made do with red lipstick and little accessories for it. Summer's too hot to pile up with a lot of trinkets so let the staple stuff take the show.

Dress: Topshop
Shoes: People R People
Watch: Fossil

No comments: