Thursday, December 25, 2008

Review: Vidal Sassoon 4 Way Style-To-Go

Wheee! Come gift-giving after Christmas dinner, my sister handed me a rectangular box and when I opened it....


Tadaaaa.... and my hairstyling tools are almost complete. This slashes off a crimper, a straightener, a waver, and a micro-crimper instead of bringing a whole lot of stuff during shoots. I already have a curling iron already and a blow dryer. What's missing now is a spiral curler, but that's easy.

By the way, this should be used on DRY hair and not on wet hair.



The 4-way style-to-go has 4 pairs of interchangeable plates:


Shown from L-R: Straightening, crimper, and micro-crimper.


Here's what I just used: The deep waver:


Pros:
1. Heats fast. No need to wait forever to be used
2. Delivers well. I see results 10 seconds after releasing the clamp.
3. Easy-to-use. Just clamp and release.
4. 100-240V.
5. Affordable (php 1590, and that's 4 tools already)

Cons:
1. Metal and not ceramic. Don't forget to use a heat-protective spray to prevent fried locks.
2. Can be heavy and bulky.
3. The handle may take getting used to. My hand kinda cramped up after using. Kinda like the one you get after playing with your PSP too much.



I tried the waver just a while ago and I was pleased at how I immediately got the big retro hair I want (you can adjust the volume of hair you clamp up depending on the effect. Thinner sectioning means bigger volume and more texture. Thicker sectioning results to a gentler effect). After the whole crimping process: here's the look I got:



(no makeup. heeheehee)

Big hair here. I could even go wilder by teasing for shoots or high-fashion looks.

The handle could get a bit of getting used to. Oh, since the plates are metal, remember to condition hair to prevent damage and not to use this everyday as it could leave the hair dry and dull. But hey, on the occassion for retro waves and textures... bring on the heat!

Happy Christmas ladies! Stay pretty!

No comments: