Monday, March 24, 2014

MAC x Maleficent Coming Soon

My friend Jessica posted a link in Facebook and tagged me and Leeanne announcing another MAC collaboration. A lightbulb in my head, angels singing, kitties dancing, and (although the collection doesn't have it) leopard prints suddenly painted the world.


We're all so excited with the movie (starring the sexy modern-day superwoman Angelina Jolie) telling the tale from the character's side of the story with the trailer just building the anticipation. When MAC x Maleficent mix, my evil dark side just squeamed with delight.

My first instinct would say that it was just as similar to 2010's Venomous Villains, which also featured a Maleficent line, that was more cool purples and plums. This year's collection is actually different, which had earth tones and reds this time (taking it I guess from Angelina's makeup)

image again borrowed here. It was quite hard to find photos and swatches of it online


A bit of throwback, last 2010's Maleficent, from my blog

I'm spotting nail lacquers, lashes, penultimate, beauty powder, lip glass, lipliner, lipstick, eyebrow pencil, a shading powder, and a palette. The earths and reds (browns and hardly any blushes) are a stark contrast to four years ago, yet I'm excited nonetheless I feel my wallet burning. 

Actually, the shading powder looks promising and I probably can use that when I do my contours, just to get an approximation of Angie's award-winning cheekbones. Believe it or not, I'm thinking the eyeshadow palette can be great for bridal work, especially if the bride wants smokey eyes. I'm visualizing on how to recreate the easy effortless brown smokey eyes Topshop models have, and the palette has those shades. 

As of now, as we are waiting for the movie here, I'm just as excited and nervous of breaking a buy ban for this. Meanwhile, to build the anticipation, let's all watch the trailer.

No comments: