Thursday, September 15, 2016

MAC Star Trek Collection in Manila

I love it how MAC comes up with awesome collaborations and collections that strike our fancy not just by the super cute packaging but the colors and products that deliver as well. This time, just in time for fall, they launch a collection that tickles the geekiness in you - The Star Trek collection, coinciding as well with Star Trek's 50th anniversary. This is also a collection that can get a nod from your geeky boyfriend or hubby why you would purchase makeup again.


Which Star Trek beauty are you? 

I passed by this afternoon at the MAC flagship store in Ayala Center, Makati to check it out and see what I would like in this collection. Most of the colors have a frost and metallic finish, from the eyeshadows to the nail lacquers, lipglasses, lipsticks, and highlight powders. There's also mascara and falsies if Uhura's your girl and you would want the very 60's spiky lashes, cat eye liner, and gold lipstick to match.


Top to bottom: Llap, The Enemy Within, Klingiton
Swatches of the lipsticks (Php 1,150). I was quite surprised that these are such very pigmented frosts. You can layer them over a super matte lipstick or wear it on its own. These, along with the highlighting powder were best sellers.



I found the nail lacquer (Php 900) called Skin of Evil quite interesting - Yellowish green with black chunks, being not your usual glittery nail polish. This can be layered over opaque nail polish or worn on its own in layers, like what I did below.



Cookies for the trekkies!

I settled for as usual, lipstick, and I chose Uhura as my girl, hence that's why my Star Trek purchase is The Enemy Within (I also like the name). I figured it would go excellently with smokey eyes or graphic eyeliner or placed on top of lipsticks. I may do a bit of ombre on it as well, which I can do for shoots or lip arts or placed on top of a super matte lipstick as a contrast. I'm still thinking about that gorgeous green Skin of Evil polish as well as a second option but I thought I'd be a good girl and go for one which I can use for a lot of things. Thankfully, aside from browns, metallics are also making a comeback with all these metallic lipsticks and polishes and since the holidays are around the corner, they're perfect for parties and all these festive occasions. Actually, with the right combination, you can wear this for regular wear.

Which of these Trekkie treats would you want for yourself?

Store Directory:

MAC Cosmetics
click here for a complete list of stores; maccosmetics.com; rustans-thebeautysource.com; maccosmetics.com.ph; facebook.com/MACCosmetics

No comments: