Thursday, December 31, 2015

Top 5 Beauty Discoveries for 2015

Even if I have my swear-by favorite can't live without products, I also am in the lookout for new makeup and beauty discoveries to try out. I'm also lucky to be in a job where I get introduced to the latest beauty products in the market and get first dibs on them.

As the year ends, let me round up with my favorite 2015 beauty discoveries.

1. NARS All-Day Luminous Weightless Foundation



I was on the NARS store in BHS Central to try out this lipstick that looked so gorgeous on Caitlin Jenner but my eyes turned to the foundation. This foundation is very potent and is almost like second skin, but better. It also feels very weightless without the drying or cracking look.

2. Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette



Don't let the word "smokey" scare you. It can do neutral to a dramatic dark iconic UD Smokey eye. Aside from the palette of pigmented colors, it comes with a brush and tutorials for varioud looks. Feel free to experiment with your own color combo or go online for makeup tutorials by makeup gurus.

3. Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets


One cotton sheet can remove very heavy makeup, waterproof mascara and smokey makeup included leaving your skin feel soft instead of greasy. Do this when makeup has been sitting too long in your face already and you're stuck in traffic or have no access to a sink or your favorite makeup remover. If you still want that squeaky clean feeling, follow up with a spritz of facial spray (like Evian) and towel or tisue off.

4. Celeteque DermoCosmetics 24-Hour Volumizing Mascara




Waterproof mascara is awesome, but sometimes, too much of it can be harsh for my lashes. For everyday, I swear by this mascara since it gives my lashes the definition it needs yet it's so easy to remove. It also contains anti-microbial properties which protects our eyes from harmful bacteria.

5. L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Polish in Lush Flush.


This polish was in our December BDJ Box Elite and it is a nice festive red that's also classic and flattering for all skintones. I tried it for my pedicure and the result is a nice red that made my feet look cleaner.


What are your favorite 2015 discoveries?

No comments: