Sunday, June 28, 2015

Lasting Makeup Over or Underwater with Make Up For Ever Aqua Collection

It's Stellar season once again since it's summer and while I'm not dancing this year as I did two years ago, I'm doing backstage work this time since I'll be doing hair and makeup with my pole sisters and brother. Yesterday, we just had our photoshoot and I was at the studio the whole day transforming students to comic book villains, sorcerers, and sweaty, sexy jazz dancers. Even though it's a photoshoot and the makeup would need to last up until the last pose, I took this as our "trial makeup" for the actual day.

As dancers need makeup that not only would be seen way up to the back of the theater, they also need to last long. A few weeks ago, I was invited to the launch of Make Up For Ever's Aqua Collection. The Aqua Collection is supposed to be made for synchronized swimmers who need to look pretty with their makeup not melting and turning the pool to a rainbow of pigments. If it could last swimming with no retouch, it can last  a sweaty pole dance number.


The Aquamatic glide-on eyeshadow glides on like a pencil and blends well like an eyeshadow. It can be used as an eyeliner for a quick look on the go or blended like a wash of color. It's got a wide range of colors from the natural and wearable ones like blacks and browns to metallics and brights. Use the brights and metallics not just on the face but to create festive body art.

Aquamatic Glide-On Eyeshadow in Matte Black, Php 1,350
The black one (Matte Black) is your basic black matte for smoky eyes or cat eye if you don't want to bothered with a lot of control liquid liner needs. Yesterday, I used it to make question mark details and lasting cut-creases on my makeup for Riddler and Two-Face. I blended it as soon as I applied it if I am doing the cut-crease or the dark-eye detail of Harvey Dent's evil side.

Lanie (left) as the Riddler and Angela (right) as Two-Face. I used black to create the question mark details and the dark makeup detail. 


Just last week, I did makeup for my yoga teacher Nikki since she would be attending an event at Resort's World. I used Noir Mat as a smoky eyeliner for the eye makeup to stay put.




Brights like purple and blue can be used as a statement eyeliner too if you are tired and bored from the usual blacks and browns




 Just in case you want a pointier tip for your glide-on eyeshadow, the bottom end twists off for a built-in mini sharpener. Just be careful in using it so you don't break off the tip. How waterproof is this? I wore this as an eyeliner without setting it with powder, taught a yoga class at noon when it's really hot and I even sweat buckets,  took a shower, and I still have my liner on with no smearing at all. You would need makeup remover to remove this. Make Up For Ever suggests Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser to remove this easily.


Compliment your colorful eyes with sweet kisses of apricot and cotton candy with the Aqua Rouge liquid lip color. The colored product is topped with a sealing topcoat (clear formula, like a clear lipgloss) to seal the color without the stick or crack so your color lasts the whole day.  


The Apricot color is my personal favorite for nude lip colors. I'll be using this in a prenup shoot later. Php 1,550 at Make Up For Ever stores.

Dancers, make up artists, theater performers, and even makeup afficionados who would love their makeup fix without the smear wherever they go would love this because of its durability and user-friendliness. Have the basic black or dark brown with you for subtle eye definition and probably choose your favorite color pop if you want to buy. If this product can withstand synchronized swimming and a yoga class in the hot humid weather we have, it must be awesome.

Like Make Up For Ever Philippines in Facebook for more updates or follow them in Instagram,

No comments: