Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Hot Stuff for a Hot Day

Is it hot in here?

Yes it is. It's already mid-May, it's begun to rain a bit but it is still friggin' hot. So hot that I had to do a lot of changes in things, particularly my beauty products. Last season, soap formulas were richer and lusher, I could afford to wear a full face of makeup, body oils, and creams (at night of course). Here are some of my summer beauty and wellness staples to keep me cool and refreshed with temperatures rising high.

Gel moisturizers




As many know, I don't use moisturizer during the day  since it makes me slip a lot when I do pole or yoga (no moisturizer is one cardinal rule in pole dancing, just like please warm up before class). When I do moisturize, I use a cooling gel formula instead of  December's creams and butters. My friend Romina gave me this tub of aloe gel as a gift when she went to Korea for a trip. It's like a cool glass of water on my skin. I can also use this to soothe my chafed skin after pole.

Go minty!

Ilog Maria Spearmint & Oatmeal Soap available at Ilog Maria Honeybee Farms or at Echostore

I love peppermint anything! This soap cools me down and the scent lingers even after I have left the shower. The scent of peppermint is very energizing too, like morning coffee without the caffeine jolt.

Light makeup

See the tutorial for this look at BDJBox.com
I have kept makeup minimum due to the weather. On days when I need to look a bit more er, alive, I have a basic makeup routine that I do using minimal products as possible. I also save time doing this!  I also switched to a lighter formula makeup remover. As of the moment, I'm using Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil in Fresh (the pink bottle) because it's really light on my skin which can get really greasy during these hot months. The smell is super fresh and even though the formula is super light, it's pretty effective in removing makeup too. Even waterproof mascara!

Lighten the (hair) load

haven't gone this short since I can't remember. Got a cut and style from my favorite salon
I've maintained my hair long, and I like it that way since I think it's more low-maintenance. This summer, I lopped off four inches off of it, and it's been a refreshing change. Hair dries faster and it's less of a load. There's still length to keep it away from my face and neck in a ponytail as well as do playful curls with it when I want to. By the time colder months start, it has grown already to the length that I'm used to.

Human Nature Clarifying Shampoo, Php 149.00
[image credits]

My shampoo formulation also changes. Since I swim, I switch to clarifying shampoos to rid me of the buildup. If I know I'll be outdoors, I put a light leave-on hair cream on my hair with built-in SPF such as Snoe Hair Heroes Intense UV & Thermal Barrier Shield.

Tummy Treats

I opt for fresh juices as much as possible or infuse my water with fruits and veggies instead of buying drinks filled with sugar or artificial sweeteners.


post-pole snack: smoothie from Jamba Juice and a DIY salad from Juju Eats
 Salads are super refreshing for the body too so whenever I dine out, I more often than not opt for salads. All these raw food goodness have so much benefits for our body and there are so many good fruits in season as well, so we better take advantage of them.


Instead of creamy or cheese dips, I make fresh mango salsa, which also goes well with fish or chicken. If I want something cold, I would go for fresh fruit popsicles or a cup of yogurt. I'll save the ramen and pho come rainy days.


These little tips help me keep cool during these high temperatures and definitely keep my mind cool as well. Try these to make summer more awesome. Because it really is an awesome season. Make the most out of it!







No comments: