Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion Review

I hate zits, They literally are an eyesore and I wish they never existed. That bright red gross spot ruins your day when you look at it in the mirror or when you finally take off your makeup. I also don't like it when people call you out for it, like "Uy! you have a pimple on your nose/forehead/cheek!". Swear, whenever a zit on my face gets attention, there's this inner fire in me that wants to punch the person that noticed it. Also, lastly, having a zit is uncomfortable. That spot hurts and I always wait for the day that I get up and that it has miraculously popped and left my life forever never to return. Zits though have a nasty way of leaving. They take forever to go away and when they do, you have that scab to deal with (maybe you popped it, maybe it exploded or dried out but will surprise you with another one on the same spot).

I've seen raves on the Mario Badescu drying lotion for quite some time, I think way back when blogs did not exist, Internet was still paid by the hour and the beauty resource I have were Seventeen magazines bought abroad. Celebrities love it, readers love it, and I must try it. But alas, with student allowance, it was too expensive for me. I resulted to other methods like waiting it out, concealer, tea tree oil, etc. They do work, but it did take some time. Finally, when a zit landed near my upper lip and eating was getting to be a pain, I was like, "The hell with it, I'm getting myself a bottle of it right now. Mahal na kung mahal."



Called "instant-gratification-in-a-jar", this tiny bottle contains active ingredients to dry up whiteheads and pimples - wait for it - OVERNIGHT. Great for those who want their zits gone right away. This 29-mL bottle costs php P1,095 and is available in Rustans.

This product contains calamine and salicylic acid and other quick-drying ingredients that would shrink your whiteheads overnight. It is to be stored upright, and not to be used shaken.

Here's how to use: With a clean face (after moisturizer), dip a cotton bud just until it touches the pink sediment.



Then, apply the pink lotion on the area to be treated. No need to spread. Let dry, go to sleep, and rinse it off in the morning.

My verdict:

Why did I not buy this sooner?

The darn spot on my upper lip was dry as a Sahara overnight. No more of that irritating swollen pain on my zit area. There was some sting though during the application, and the smell is almost medicine-like, like toothache drops but tolerable. You actually need a little amount so I think this would last me quite a while.

Pros:

  • Effective. What usually takes me a week for the zit to dry took me overnight.
  • Safe on sensitive skin
  • Scent is tolerable
  • Value for money, a little goes a long way.
  • Can be used on whiteheads, pimples, and relieve the itch from insect bites,


Cons:

  • The tiny bottle don't come cheap! 
  • Since it leaves a pink spot on the face, you cannot use this during the day, unless you want to go out with a pink spot (or spots!) on your face.
  • For people allergic to salicylic acid, this might not be the product for you.
  • Slight sting, but I guess it depends on the person.


I suggest that since this contains salicylic acid, to do a patch test first before buying, as some people may be sensitive to salicylic acid. See how your skin reacts. If it's great, go ahead and buy.

I'm glad I made my purchase and I can tell that it worked for me. My only wish though is that I hope that I don't get to use this often, because that means getting zits a lot.


No comments: