Thursday, May 31, 2012

E-Sessions: Mike+Kaycee



I met Mike and Kaycee last year at my first wedding fair ever with iSnap Creatives. They were such a cute and fun couple to work with. Kaycee loves makeup and she was game with a bit of experiments. They booked me that day even if their wedding would be the year after (July 2012 to be exact). I was one of the suppliers they first booked, that's why I'm so happy.

Their wedding is definitely a dream team and their e-session shoot was styled by Lifestyle by Feliz (whose studio I fell in love with when we passed by there during our shoot).

Our shoot was a rainy summer Friday. Traffic northbound was crazy since there was a sale at Megamall. Thankfully, the cab driver knew how to bypass EDSA while getting to the place. I did Mike and Kaycee's makeup at a hotel in QC and then proceeded to the location of the shoot - Cubao Expo. I've been to Cubao Expo already for a fashion photoshoot and it's such an interesting place if you're looking for artsy and unique knick-knacks that you can't find in the mall.



With the right angle, it doesn't look like you're right smack in one of Metro Manila's busiest cities with a bus terminal a stone throw's away from the location. It looks like a quiet artist's village, yes?

Since it was raining, we had to time everything to make sure our couple and photographer's gear doesn't get wet. The rainy weather provided a good background though. There were some stores and galleries that allowed us to borrow their pretty backgrounds for us to shoot.



Vintage mini coopers are just too cute! Thanks to the owner too for lending his wheels as a cute prop.



Mike and Kaycee ordered helium balloons for this shoot. Balloons are scary when they explode but they do brighten any atmosphere right?




A pop of red lip and hair pulled back for Kaycee's neutral-colored outfit. Who says you can't wear brights in a prenup? 


This location too, turned out to be a blessing for me. As you all know, Cubao Expo not only has ukay and gift stores but also shoe stores that sell shoes at a fraction of what department stores sell. I was able to get my boots for my Stellar show here for only Php 1,000 (It's priced at Php 2,000 usually in malls) and they had my size! More on the shoes later.

Credits:

photography by Bobby Delos Santos | MavAsia Photography
Styling by Tine Cortes and Penny Bunag of Lifestyle By Feliz 
prints and graphic designs by Purge inks 




No comments: