Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Makeup Must-Haves For Your ID Photos

A few months ago, I wrote a blog post on ID photo tips. So finally, I was able to get my plastic DL card last week. When I saw the photo, I was just super thrilled because I came up with quite a decent ID photo, probably the best ID photo I ever took with a webcam. My license the last time, I wasn't exactly bad looking but it could use more improvements.

I never really realized how important looking good in government ID photos mattered to most people. It was when I saw how many blog posts were there about it when I saw that indeed, it does matter. Not really a requirement, but it counts in life.

I was quite surprised at the likes and comments I got with my makeup look for that photo (a friend even joked I should have brought my own fan so I can have that Beyonce-ish effect) so I thought about writing a part 2 post on how to look good for your government ID photo, this time enumerating the stuff I usually use whenever I have to do a headshot using a webcam.

get the natural look that radiates on a webcam using these products

Benefit The POREFessional Face Primer (Php 1,800)

This has got to be the favorite of every single makeup artist I know. It smoothens out the face to a nice, velvety texture, makes makeup last longer, and matts out shine. I have this problem on the center of my forehead that tends to look shiny even if I'm not even oily. The POREFessional takes care of that.


Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation (Php 825)

I forgo BB creams and use Liquid Foundation set with loose powder or powder foundation instead. BB creams have high SPF content and may cause a white cast, especially if there's harsh, un-metered flash that makes photos reminiscent of our "Gulat-Me" 80's to early 90's ID photo days. Colorstay lasts long enough, which is perfect in slowing down makeup meltdown most especially for locations where whatever we do, we're still prone to makeup melting. Again, this sets matte.


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder in Dark (Php 2,100)

This adds warmth and contours which create shape and dimension. I just add a tad, instead of photoshoot-level ready, just so my face doesn't look flat. The key to natural-looking contours is all in the blending so blend this well.  Save the heavy contours for fashion shows or theatre performances.


Benefit Blush in Coralista (Php 1,600)

Personally, I stick to warm colors for government ID photos so I don't look super washed out with white fluorescent lights and blue backgrounds. This isn't too flat matte but not too shiny that it looks oily either.


MAC Blush in Mocha (Php 1,200)

A healthy, natural flush of pink also works. This bridal staple doesn't have too much shimmer speckles and delivers a nice, pink color to the cheeks, kind of like a natural glow.


Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel in Light Brown (Php 575)

As overhead top lights can sometimes make my brows disappear, I need extra definition. This product gives me a more defined brow that doesn't disappear with the lighting yet it's natural enough for real-life appreciation. It gives me the defined, strong, but still natural type of brows. The mascara tints the brow hairs, (most especially if you have colored hair) and keeps the brows in place.


Happy Skin Eye am Here To Stay 24h Gel Eyeliner in Chic Brown (Php599)

Black liner in the bottom lashlines can look harsh, My alternative is dark brown eyeliner tightlined to make the lash roots fuller. You don't even have to worry about lines being perfect,


Colourpop x Hello Kitty Ultra Satin Lip in Tiny Chum (USD 6.00 at colourpop.com)

Colourpop has been making waves for having major color payoff that's comparable with expensive brands at a fraction of the price. This gorgeous liquid lippie has a pretty, fresh pink shade that's great for fair-skinned ladies. Paired with a blush, you can have a gorgeous, natural rosy glow instead of looking ghostly or pasty,


L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray (Php 500)

The long lines plus humidity can cause makeup meltdown. The setting spray does the job of locking the makeup or making it last longer. It also helps blend the makeup as well on the face so it looks gorgeous on photos, more like healthy skin instead of powder.

ID pictures do matter in a way that it represents you for the years it is still valid. It represents you in legal and official documents and it really is a confidence booster when you have an awesome visa or passport photo (that still follows the rules obviously). These arsenals for the gorgeous lasting look can be your best bet, especially if you have no idea what to use. Let me know which ones are your favorite or which one you use for yourself. okay?


Image Directory

Cover Photo shot by Ozzy Lavina


Store Directory

Benefit Cosmetics
1/F Greenbelt 5, Makati; (02) 729-9854; 3/F TriNoma Mall; Rustan’s Makati; Shangri-La Plaza; Mall of Asia; benefitcosmetics.com; facebook.com/benefitcosmetics; facebook.com/benefitcosmeticsphilippines

Colourpop
colourpop.com; facebook.com/ColourPopCosmetics; instagram.com/colourpopcosmetics

Happy Skin
Glorietta 3, Ayala Grand Mall; Greenbelt 5, 2/F; Powerplant Mall 2/F; Robinson’s Magnolia 2/F; SM Megamall. 2/F Mega Fashion Hall; Eastwood Mall, 1/F; UP Town Center, 1/F; available at Rustan’s Beauty Source, Beauty Bar, and Plains and Prints; happyskincosmetics.com; facebook.com/happyskincosmetics; instagram.com/happyskin_ph

L'Oreal Paris
Available at all leading groceries, beauty hubs, and department stores nationwide; lorealparis.com; lorealparisexclusif.ph; facebook.com/LOrealParisPhilippines

MACclick here for a complete list of stores; maccosmetics.com; rustans-thebeautysource.com; maccosmetics.com,ph; facebook.com/MACCosmetics

Revlon
Available at all leading department stores nationwide; revlon.com; facebook.com/Revon; facebook.com/RevlonPhilippines



No comments: