Sunday, May 1, 2016

My Favorite Workout Channels

Lately, even going to the gym or getting out of the house alone is a chore in this heat. For those who need their workout fix without leaving home, check out these YouTube channels to keep you moving without even needing to step out of the house. I find this absolutely great since I'm such an introvert and sometimes there are times when I have this mood that I don't like to go out because I feel so stressed or overwhelmed with all these energies around me that I really like to retreat in my cave. But then, I get this itch to exercise (kind of funny though). These are some of my go-to channels when I need to work out at home and I want something to really follow rather than do things at the top of my head.

Because of online workout videos, #theresalwaystimeforfitness can actually happen


The Fitness Marshall

Their cardio hip-hop workouts are for those who hate cardio. Lead by Caleb Marshall, he takes you into a sweaty, sassy dance session to get your heart rate up and melt the baddies away. With fun tracks such as Justin Bieber's Sorry, Britney Spears' Toxic, Rihanna's S&M, and Pussycat Dolls' Buttons to name a few, you would be super inspired and stoked to dance you don't even know that it's cardio. He even recruits his sister and grandma to work out with him making this a workout for anyone. And who cares if you look funny? You're just at home.

Blogilates

I wrote about her and as you can see, I'm a fan of this lady and she has so many fans around the world. It's practically a community. Blogilates not only features a series of workouts that you can do everyday with a theme each month but also easy recipes for healthy eating to keep the pounds and muffin top off. There are also words of wisdom and inspiration to live by so this fitness thing will not just be a one time thing but a lifestyle change. With her bubbly personality, it's as if  you're working out with your friend.

Fightmaster Yoga

Missed the yoga studio because of traffic and you just want to get home but still want to get the body moving somehow? Or are you travelling and want your yoga fix but couldn't find a yoga studio near your area? Fightmaster Yoga is lead by yoga teacher Lesley Fightmaster and she has a variety of free online classes depending on your practice. Basic yoga stretches, yoga flow, power yoga, ashtanga yoga, or yin yoga, there are so many classes to choose from. I do this class when I can't go to the yoga studio and I definitely need a yoga fix for the day. Try her 50-minute ashtanga yoga if you want something strong or chill with her yin class at the end of a hard day's work. No time at all? Do the Yoga Quickie workouts.

TaraStiles

Model-turned-yoga teacher Tara Stiles is like one of my life pegs. She's fun, she's gorgeous, she's got both strength and flexibility balanced. and she makes yoga fun and less intimidating. I was doing her classes way before becoming a yoga teacher and even way before developing my own yoga practice. Oh and that body is such a fitspiration. The best thing about her channel is that she makes yoga fun and less intimidating. I like how some of her videos are titled. My teaching style is somehow inspired by her because I also want yoga to be fun and less intimidating. Most of her videos are quick, and she has a routine from the moment you get up and also when you're about to go to bed. Also, she has recipes in her channel .

As you can see, I vary my workouts a lot so my body doesn't get bored and plateaus. I sometimes mix and match, like I would do cardio hip hop, then do some pole training and cool down with yoga or something to that extend. What matters is that there are ways I can get things moving too. Also, if you're travelling and where you're staying has free WIFI, put it to good use and get your daily dose of fitness. Have fun and stay fit and fab!

Photo credits:
fitness photo by Dix Perez

No comments: